Question Pc won't turn on when I plug in my GPU.

Filip4000

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
At this point I don't even care that it's broken I already replaced it but I couldn't for the life of my find my exact problem on the internet so I decided to post here. So I had an rx 460 that I used for 2 years until one fateful day it died on me. Now the problem is that it's not just that my pc "turns on" with fans and everything but won't show display, the thing is that when I plug the gpu into any PC it's like I took out the ram. Literally nothing, the gpu fans move a couple of mm and then stop. On top of that even when I remove said gpu from the pc and put in another working gpu it won't turn on until I remove and plug back in again my 24 pin connector in my mobo. I just want to know what exactly could be the issue. Is it shorted or something? Physically I couldn't find any problems with it, the pcie interface is fine, no blown capacitors no rust, etc.

Filip4000

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
Like I said I tried it on a completely different system and it was the same thing, on the system that it died on I bought an rx 560 and it works great. It might've been the PSU that killed it but I just want to know what could have happend to it. If that's possible.