[SOLVED] PC Won't work after changing the cpu voltage ?

encise

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
Hello, so let me start with my specs first:

i9-10900KF
Colorful iGame 3080
Colorful iGame z490 Vulcan X V20
Colorful CVN 32gb ram 3200
gamemax 1050w psu

So when I got my pc, I did windows update, updated GPU driver from GeForce experience, downloaded steam and epic games
When I first played Fortnite, I had a HUGE stutter, Like a very very bad stutter, It felt like 10fps, and at the same time pc keeps crashing when I go to the game settings or something I had to restart the pc by holding the power button.

So I tried GTA V, the game was smooth and it was running on like 160fps average normal settings, when I maxed the settings to very high the pc crashed again, I said maybe my pc needs more voltage. So I went to the bios and changed the voltage from something like 1.1 to 1.2 which I believe it's not a big change, anyways pc won't boot anymore, I had to take the CMOS Battery out and plug it again to get the pc work.

anyways the FPS problem still remains I'll try to fix that problem later, If you have suggestions about that problem let me know because I want to fix these both problems, but my main problem now is:
TLDR;
Why when I change my CPU voltage even if by very small amounts pc won't boot?

Solution
Yes if you have an unstable overclock more voltage can help. When troubleshooting I think it is best to remove any overclocks on the system.

encise

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
9% not a big change?

what the cpu temp?
what the model of this gamemax psu? don't think they make any good psu

I mean I don't think it's that big of a change to cause the pc to stop booting, in my previous build I was jumping from 1.1 to 1.3 while overclocking my old 8700k on z390 aorus and literally, nothing happened

CPU Temp is around 60 ( 60-70 )

It says in the box the model is ( RGB POWER SUPPLY UNIT 1050W, 80 GOLD ) ( RGB-1050 )
I got that PSU from a local retailer, I hope I can use it with no problems as soon and I get the chance to buy another one

encise

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
Not sure I follow the logic here. Game crashes = need more CPU voltage?

I did that because I experienced the same problem with my previous system when overclocking, when my game crashes or something and make the whole pc freeze I normally just put the voltage a little higher and everything gets fixed
So I was like why not? maybe the cpu needs more voltage or something even if that's false I won't lose anything so tried it,

encise

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
Yes if you have an unstable overclock more voltage can help. When troubleshooting I think it is best to remove any overclocks on the system.
I will try to turn off xmp and get everything back to stock, I will see what will happen when I do

in the meanwhile, if someone has anything that could help let me know