Question Performance issue Asus G14 after RAM installation

May 5, 2024
It's been a month since I tried to install more RAM to my G14, unfortunately the slot that I planned to use was on the other side of the motherboard and I had no time to bother with going this far for unnecessary 16GB more.
Unfortunately, right after this, my laptop dropped in performance.
I blamed on the temps, so I changed paste, I reinstalled coolers, I performed clean driver reinstall -- nothing.
In games, CPU usage stayed under 30% and GPU usage was about 10% no matter what.
Recently I fixed the CPU issue by disabling the CPU graphics, but the GPU issue stays the same and I have zero clue what it may be.
The temps are below 80 almost always. Not sure if it is RAM, because as I am writhing this post with basically only my Firefox opened it is 10/15 used, but I am sure it is GPU as it is strangely never over 10% mark.
I am attaching HWiNFO64 report to the post, would appreciate any help, as I am out of options.

The link:
HWiNFO64

What was tried: clean Windows reinstall, clean drivers reinstall, thermal paste reapplication, boost, manual fans speed up.

UPD1: seems like the GPU is actually 100% loaded, even though Task Manager shows otherwise. Now noted that RAM is constantly 80% full

Last edited:
May 5, 2024
just adding random DIMMs?
or you actually replaced the old kit with a totally new kit?

you should never mix & match memory.
I replaced one type with another. I should correct myself: my laptop has one slot free and one slot with 16GB, I replaced this 16GB with another one, similar specs. I hoped to add it to the existing 16GB after all.
The same day, as soon as I noticed drops, I placed the old RAM back

Last edited:
May 5, 2024
A quick update. HWiNFO shows 99% load on GPU, while Task Manager only shows 5%. The laptop was functioning perfectly for about 2 minutes today, but then performance dropped again. The temperature right now is 85 with a hotspot of 101. CPU functions normally by the looks of it tho