delibasic.hamza

Reputable
Sep 23, 2018
Hello, I'm building a new pc and it has come the time to choose the right motherboard. I went with B550 but I can't figure out which one is the best of them. There is gigabyte, asus, msi and different models and so on. Any help would be appreciated :)

Most of the B550's in the US are under $200.

You should check out reviews of what is available near you and see if anything peaks your interest.

They are all fairly similar. Bigger difference is in Gig port, USB ports, audio, wifi and led lighting that can raise the price.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
what do you need in a motherboard? no single board is "best" for everyone. what is the rest of the specs? cpu? storage? ram/usb/network needs?

narrow down the needed features first. this will leave a much smaller list of options. then look at the extra stuff those have and see if any of that is a plus for you. once you got it down to a few choices, then go with looks, colors, lighting and so on.

be sure to consider storage closely. a single m.2 drives is easy, but once you start trying to use 2 or more, then most boards require a compromise. so decide now how many sata drives you will use and how many m.2 you may want. this is a much bigger issue now than it has ever been before.

sure you only got one now, but as soon as you see one on sale will you all of a sudden want more? and so on and so on.