[SOLVED] Please Help RTX 2060 not installing drivers

Maverickwizard

Prominent
Sep 12, 2019
I have a RTX 2060 and when i reinstalled it into my PC after testing a different card i have got the error (Code 43) in device maneger. After a bit of research i found it was a corrupt driver and so i uninstalled the driverand geforce experince and tried to install them again. At the moment i have reinstalled geforce experice and it isnt installing the driver. All it does is days Driver installed and tells me there is a new driver to install. ive tried costum install but to no success. please help i dont know what to do

Start by using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Unlike normal uninstallers this will remove all traces of your old Nvidia drivers. You need to boot into safe mode to run it properly though.

After that, Install the driver manually from https://www.geforce.com/drivers. Personally I find Geforce Experience awful and always install manually since it also allows me to only install the drivers and PhysiX for whatever that's worth nowadays.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Was about to post the same thing.

To elaborate.

Download driver first from Geforce.com/driver.

Install DDU first then boot to safemode and run it and uninstall Nvidia drivers. Boot back to normal Windows and try again installing the driver you downloaded.

GE is optional and is not required. Personally i dislike it as well.

Reactions: Maverickwizard

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Driver won't install if it doesn't detect the gpu. If driver and components didn't install properly then run the driver installer as administrator. Possibly too advanced security measures is preventing full install.

Right click anywhere on desktop and Nvidia Control Panel should be there.

Reactions: Maverickwizard

Maverickwizard

Prominent
Sep 12, 2019
I Just repeated the prosses without downloading nvidea expreince and still no recognition of the card, even when i right click there is not option for the control pannel

Maverickwizard

Prominent
Sep 12, 2019
Tried ive got teh nvidea control pannel installed but it asked to accept the terms and contions and then it just closes and when you try to launch it, nothing happens (even as administrater)

Maverickwizard

Prominent
Sep 12, 2019
stick with 1 thread
I have a RTX 2060 and when i reinstalled it into my PC after testing a different card i have got the error (Code 43) in device maneger. After a bit of research i found it was a corrupt driver and so i uninstalled the driverand geforce experince and tried to install them again. At the moment i have reinstalled geforce experice and it isnt installing the driver. All it does is days Driver installed and tells me there is a new driver to install. ive tried costum install but to no success. please help i dont know what to do