[SOLVED] Plugged in power, led blink white and orange - water damage

lorenzooo_

Reputable
Jul 22, 2016
Laptop got water spilled on it, but the owner tried turning it on afterward, left it about days to drain it. As soon as I got my hands on the laptop, I tried plugged in the laptop with power cord (with battery on) - it shows led blink white and orange repeatedly (no boot).

What I've tried -
  • I've disassembled the laptop, removed the battery and tried plugged in the laptop - led blink white only
  • I also removed other peripheral like keyboard, SSD, etc. - same results as above, followed by removing the RAM too.
  • I also tried playing around with power button (pressing for 30 seconds and such) - same as above too.
  • However, I'm unable to probe the battery with my tool - so I'm not sure if this could be a faulty motherboard or battery as a result from the water damage (shorted, etc)
Is there any solution that I haven't tried or should I simply send the laptop for repair?

Model of the laptop
HP 15-dy1731ms

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
Did you check the motherboard for corrosion? Test with different RAM? If you don't have the tools to test the motherboard parts or replace them then you would simply need to swap the motherboard, since that is most likely the issue here.
Did you check the motherboard for corrosion? Test with different RAM? If you don't have the tools to test the motherboard parts or replace them then you would simply need to swap the motherboard, since that is most likely the issue here.

Solution