Dec 11, 2020
So today i was playing FS19 yeah i know who plays that game but i was playing normally then i paused a game and i walked out of my room to help out my girlfriend for 5 mins i came back and see my pc is off.

I tried to turn it on but nothing it wasn't turning on then i turned off powersuply and turned on again my fan and my rgb case turned on for 1 sec and then off i think there was maybe 0.5 sec.

Next thing that i did was taking out my graphics card and then when i tried to turn on pc the pc turned on.
I tried to put my old gpu and it all worked but when i place my new gpu in my pc nothing happens it just makes slight flash for 0.5 sec or 1 and indemility turns off i think something wring with my gpu.

My specs...
OLD GPU: AMD radeon r7 240
NEW GPU:ASUS RX 470 MINING EDITION (used just for 1.5months)
PSU:Corsair CV450
Moderboard Dell optiplex 7010 (maybe this is the problem but it isnt becouse it worked perfectly before so yeah idk what to do)

CS_044

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
So today i was playing FS19 yeah i know who plays that game but i was playing normally then i paused a game and i walked out of my room to help out my girlfriend for 5 mins i came back and see my pc is off.

I tried to turn it on but nothing it wasn't turning on then i turned off powersuply and turned on again my fan and my rgb case turned on for 1 sec and then off i think there was maybe 0.5 sec.

Next thing that i did was taking out my graphics card and then when i tried to turn on pc the pc turned on.
I tried to put my old gpu and it all worked but when i place my new gpu in my pc nothing happens it just makes slight flash for 0.5 sec or 1 and indemility turns off i think something wring with my gpu.

My specs...
OLD GPU: AMD radeon r7 240
NEW GPU:ASUS RX 470 MINING EDITION (used just for 1.5months)
PSU:Corsair CV450
Moderboard Dell optiplex 7010 (maybe this is the problem but it isnt becouse it worked perfectly before so yeah idk what to do)
Sorry that no one responded in a month, but that sounds like the GPU may have died? I'm not certain, but if it just stopped working like that, then I guess thats my take on it

Ajfer03

Great
Jan 10, 2021
Seems you have done a good diagnosis here. Yes, the problem is definitely on your video card and not the board, possibly the power supply
. Here are some troubleshooting tips, descending in the possibility that it is the cause:

- Insufficient power: Make sure all of the contacts on your GPU care clean that goes into the PCI-e x16 slot on your motherboard. It could also mean that your PCI-E power cable is not delivering power from your PSU properly, so check the contacts there. Blow everything out with air and see if that helps. Your PSU might also be failing. try swapping your current PSU with a different one that is known to work well. This actually has been the root of more of my PC problems than I want to admit.
-You burned it: Sometimes when playing some real intensive games, especially with an OC on your GPU you can cause some serious thermal damage to components on the card because of improper cooling. Also, when you play intensive games, a lot of power is passed through the card. Sometimes when this happens certain components on the card will fail because of all the power draw. If the board got hot enough, some solder joints can come loose, which will cause your card not to work. There are methods like "baking your GPU" in the oven which I do NOT recommend if you have a warranty and you have not tried everything else. Watch a video on youtube on how to properly do this is you HAVE TRIED everything else.
-PSU Power Ripple Burn: Sometimes when playing intensive games your PSU can drop in voltage on the 12v rail which is normal to an extent. When the game stops, sometimes if the power supply is old or of low quality, there is a "power surge" of sorts that causes an overvoltage on the 12v rail. While I don't think this is the cause because Corsair is a very good power supply brand, it can happen. If this was the case then I believe your card is toast, my friend.
- Not a cause, but recommendation: Try disassembling your card. Everything, all of it. Repaste your GPU die and put it back together. Sometimes taking something apart and putting it back together magically makes it work again.

I know the thread is old, but losing a GPU sucks. They're expensive. Let me know how it goes, I'm here to help, GPU's are my specialty.

CS_044

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
Seems you have done a good diagnosis here. Yes, the problem is definitely on your video card and not the board, possibly the power supply
. Here are some troubleshooting tips, descending in the possibility that it is the cause:

- Insufficient power: Make sure all of the contacts on your GPU care clean that goes into the PCI-e x16 slot on your motherboard. It could also mean that your PCI-E power cable is not delivering power from your PSU properly, so check the contacts there. Blow everything out with air and see if that helps. Your PSU might also be failing. try swapping your current PSU with a different one that is known to work well. This actually has been the root of more of my PC problems than I want to admit.
-You burned it: Sometimes when playing some real intensive games, especially with an OC on your GPU you can cause some serious thermal damage to components on the card because of improper cooling. Also, when you play intensive games, a lot of power is passed through the card. Sometimes when this happens certain components on the card will fail because of all the power draw. If the board got hot enough, some solder joints can come loose, which will cause your card not to work. There are methods like "baking your GPU" in the oven which I do NOT recommend if you have a warranty and you have not tried everything else. Watch a video on youtube on how to properly do this is you HAVE TRIED everything else.
-PSU Power Ripple Burn: Sometimes when playing intensive games your PSU can drop in voltage on the 12v rail which is normal to an extent. When the game stops, sometimes if the power supply is old or of low quality, there is a "power surge" of sorts that causes an overvoltage on the 12v rail. While I don't think this is the cause because Corsair is a very good power supply brand, it can happen. If this was the case then I believe your card is toast, my friend.
- Not a cause, but recommendation: Try disassembling your card. Everything, all of it. Repaste your GPU die and put it back together. Sometimes taking something apart and putting it back together magically makes it work again.

I know the thread is old, but losing a GPU sucks. They're expensive. Let me know how it goes, I'm here to help, GPU's are my specialty.
Hopefully that helps him, Ajfer would it be possible to have a conversation with my privately, since i'm having some GPU related issues.