[SOLVED] Poor Pc Performance

Apr 15, 2020
Hi all recently been getting very poor performance on nearly every game I play, cannot run most games at 60fps for reasons i do not know, not even at the lowest graphical settings. I notice there is a reoccuring theme across most games and that is that the gpu usage always seems to be on the low percentage side. Recently purchased monster hunter world and cannot run the game very well at all. Even at the lowest settings i cannot hit 60fps. Same story for no mans sky and watch dogs 2 . It is very frustrating as I dont know whats going wrong . Here is my user benchmark results

Edit : Here is the new benchmark results as I had software open during the last test : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/30324706

Last edited:
Solution
Userbenchmark is fairly useful, for getting system specs, but their site is terrible for anything else. Check your temps. Check CPU usage. Check for any malware. Make sure drivers are up to date, as well as Windows. Make sure you didn't accidentally plug your monitor into the motherboard, instead of the GPU. What is the make/model of your power supply?

Hardware config wise issues, that I see, that are not helping you. You have a CPU, that cannot overclock, due to motherboard, and your ram speed cannot run at its rated speed, either, because of said motherboard. It is also only a 4c chip with 4 threads. Games are starting to want more than that.

logainofhades

Titan
Userbenchmark is fairly useful, for getting system specs, but their site is terrible for anything else. Check your temps. Check CPU usage. Check for any malware. Make sure drivers are up to date, as well as Windows. Make sure you didn't accidentally plug your monitor into the motherboard, instead of the GPU. What is the make/model of your power supply?

Hardware config wise issues, that I see, that are not helping you. You have a CPU, that cannot overclock, due to motherboard, and your ram speed cannot run at its rated speed, either, because of said motherboard. It is also only a 4c chip with 4 threads. Games are starting to want more than that.

Solution
Apr 15, 2020

My temps are all average. not cold but not blistering hot, So would yo reccomend a new motherboard as not going to lie the motherboard was one of the things I cheaped out on when making the pc. The cpu ive read online is perfectly fine however, it may only have 4 cores but its fast. Thank you for your reply

logainofhades

Titan
I wouldn't stick more money into a dead platform, to be honest. Your 3000 ram speed is ok enough, that I would recommend jumping to 10th gen Intel, like a 10600k, or a Ryzen 5 3600, or Ryzen 7 3700x. Ryzen 3 3300x, if budget is low, and you can find one at MSRP. When was the last time, that you did a fresh windows install?

Apr 15, 2020
Ive done some research and figured out that with a core i5 7th gen the max speed my ram can run is 2113mhz
So its less than stated but at least theyre running at the same mhz

Apr 15, 2020
Ehh, it can actually run higher speeds than 2133, via XMP, or manually, but that's considered overclocking the memory.
Either way, that's not an option, since you mixed ram; the timings are most likely different.

Ah I see I'm sort of a noob to all the of stuff so I didn't know about the different speeds, it shouldn't make that big of a deal should it ?