PsychicShadow

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2015
so im trying to run a minecraft server. everything is running smoothly until i had to port forward. i know how to port forward did it multiple times before succesfully. but now it just wont i have 3 routers (one of them modem router combo, the other 2 archer c1200)the archer c1200's are configured in their router configuration not the access point way. i checked my ip i already had it static because its on windows server
it just wont open exept yesterday when i was ffing around with it i got it to open for literally 5 seconds one port scan showed it open clicking it again and it was closed
here is 3 pictures one is a fast drawing of how my home router config is

View: https://imgur.com/a/n4aKcFk

How is 192.168.0.2 connected to .1? Lan to Wan or Lan to Lan. You are massively complicating things if .1 is connected into the Wan on .2, you are much better off connecting Lan to Lan and disable DHCP on .2, why would you need to segregate and have multiple networks? What IP scheme is being used on the Lan side of the .2 router?

PsychicShadow

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2015
How is 192.168.0.2 connected to .1? Lan to Wan or Lan to Lan. You are massively complicating things if .1 is connected into the Wan on .2, you are much better off connecting Lan to Lan and disable DHCP on .2, why would you need to segregate and have multiple networks? What IP scheme is being used on the Lan side of the .2 router?
lan to lan and dhcp is of on the archers

Have you tested everything on LAN only first? Changing port forwarding settings shouldn't impact local connections. If you want to test locally using your public you need a router that supports that feature. As for testing just use the game client not some random tools.

PsychicShadow

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2015
Have you tested everything on LAN only first? Changing port forwarding settings shouldn't impact local connections. If you want to test locally using your public you need a router that supports that feature. As for testing just use the game client not some random tools.
if i use the ip from the pc that the server is on it works fine its when i use my wan that it doesnt cause the port isnt open multiple port checkers says its closed advanced port scanner says that pc has no ports open
edit: slight break thru advanced port scanner now shows that the server pc has (tcp) 25565 open
but thats only locally

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS