Oct 17, 2018
I’ll try to keep this as short and to the point as possible. The other day I updated the bios on my Strix B450-f gaming mobo (granted my pc is only 8 months old), and the next day while playing a game I got my first BSOD with the “memory managment” error. That happened a few more times, and today I got a BSOD with an “interrupt exception not handled” error. I have 16gb 3200 of gskill ripjaws in 2x8.

I ran memtest86 with both sticks in their proper slots and got 48 errors on test 5. I tried to find the bad stick so I then checked one stick in A2, passed the 13 tests all 4 times. I’m now testing “the bad stick” in A2 by itself and it’s passed all 13 tests 3 times now, so I’m starting to think the stick itself isn’t the issue here, but the B2 slot is.

I’m going to check the other slots, but my question is what can I do to fix this? Can I use the A1 B1 slots if B2 is no good? Do I need to replace my mobo? Did the updated bios cause this? Someone else today told me they’re having the same issue with their updated bios. I’m not very good with troubleshooting pc issues, so any help is appreciated. I would really hate to have to replace my 8 month old mobo and rebuild my pc.

Edit: I forgot to mention that my pc runs fine while idling, browsing, etc., just BSOD while playing one specific game (escape from tarkov, which is ram/cpu intensive). I can play ghost recon wildlands with no problem. I also saw the dimm light on my mobo a few weeks ago, restarted my pc and haven’t seen it since.

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
You could try rolling back your BIOS. BIOS updates usually come with patches and improvements, but they can also create problems.
So an easy way of testing would be to flash to the previous version and seeing - it could be coincidence, or it could genuinely be a bug.

If it is the slot itself, outside of a clean, there is not much you can do, it becomes more economical to simply replace the MB at that stage.

Reactions: AllanGH
Oct 17, 2018
You could try rolling back your BIOS. BIOS updates usually come with patches and improvements, but they can also create problems.
So an easy way of testing would be to flash to the previous version and seeing - it could be coincidence, or it could genuinely be a bug.

If it is the slot itself, outside of a clean, there is not much you can do, it becomes more economical to simply replace the MB at that stage.
Okay, I will roll back my bios and see if that helps. Will update.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Oct 17, 2018
Update: I wanted to test both sticks again in their proper slots since they both passed by themselves, I essentially swapped and reseated them, so far so good. Made it past test 5 where I got the original errors. Fingers crossed. Will update when finished.