Ken Bladen

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I am trying to repair a toshiba l455d satallite laptop. I am trying to test the motherboard out of the case. It has the ram, cpu and fan installed. The monitor and power cord plugged in. The switch in installed. When the switch is turned on the power light is on and the computor light is on but the screen stays black. Is there any other connection required to have the board post? Thank you, Ken

Ken Bladen

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

The screen stays black. Two of the green board lights turn on and the fan does cycle. I also tried an external monitor with no luck. Do the toshiba laptops have a problem with the gpu like the hp laptops?

Ken Bladen

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

The screen stays black. Two of the green board lights turn on and the fan does cycle. I also tried an external monitor with no luck. Do the toshiba laptops have a problem with the gpu like the hp laptops?

I have a Toshiba laptop and do not and have not had any problems with the gpu and this model does have a discrete gpu.
I can't say that I've taken the laptop apart and tried to run it the way you are but I have with desktops.
Do you have the HDD attached? Mouse , keyboard?

Ken Bladen

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

It appears to start. Two green lights turn on and the fan cycles. Do the Toshiba laptops gpu have the same problem the hp laptops do.?

Ken Bladen

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

I have had the hard drive, mouse and keyboard attached but makes no difference. I can hear the hard drive run when it is attached. I do not like to have it attached because I have to shut it down with the switch and thats not good for the drive. I was just wondering if any other connections were needed for the display other than the plug on a Toshiba? Thank you, Ken