Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
It generally means that the cord is not rated for the Amps that it is carrying. If the cord is even slightly warm to the touch, immediately replace it with a cord that has a sufficient Amp rating. Generally, thin skimpy lamp extension cords should not be used to power computers.

Computer power cords should have a 15 Amp or higher rating.

HPrometheus

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
125
0
18,690


Is the power cord in a well ventilated area? Are you plugged into a surge protector? Is it the wire or the adapter unit?
 
It generally means that the cord is not rated for the Amps that it is carrying. If the cord is even slightly warm to the touch, immediately replace it with a cord that has a sufficient Amp rating. Generally, thin skimpy lamp extension cords should not be used to power computers.

Computer power cords should have a 15 Amp or higher rating.
 
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS