[SOLVED] Power outage with computer on

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Hello,
I was on my Alienware R7 and I was gaming, and it was really windy out and my power went out. My computer, keyboard and monitor went black, but when my power turned back on, my computer is still off but I’m worried that the outage damaged my gamong computer. I have a surge protector but I don’t know if that makes it ok. Should I be worrying? This is about the second time its happened from weather.

Solution
I once had a power outtage and it completely made my PC not being able to boot into windows. The solution was to reinstall windows and everything was back to square one. If it turns on fine there's nothing to worry about, and if it happens often (like once a month) consider getting an UPS.
I once had a power outtage and it completely made my PC not being able to boot into windows. The solution was to reinstall windows and everything was back to square one. If it turns on fine there's nothing to worry about, and if it happens often (like once a month) consider getting an UPS.

Solution

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
it turned on fine, it took a bit though, it said system did not shut down correctly, and it was restoring some things then it went to the windows screen and it seemed ok. I let it run for a while then pressed shut down. Because I was done using it