Question Power Supply Loud Grinding noise while Gaming

Sep 26, 2020
Recently I assembled a gaming PC and installed games such as GTA V, Assassin's Creed Unity etc. I mostly play GTA V and my graphics settings are set to high. But after few minutes into gaming a very loud grinding noise begins to be heard, low at first and gradually increasing to a very, I repeat very loud and irritating sound.

It happens only when I am gaming and some minutes after quitting the game the noise fades and totally disappears!!
The sound is similar to a video I found in a thread in this very same site (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQzJVmHgIXc
).

My PC Specs are
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.6Ghz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB
SMPS: Antec Atom V550

So when the noise got really irritating, I opened the cabinet and at first I thought it was the Processor fan Since that fan was close to the SMPS fan. Later I confirmed it was the Power Supply fan that was making the grinding noise.
  1. No wires are getting in the way of the rotation as the sound is only when the CPU requires heavy load such as gaming. ( I have only experienced this problem at that time.
  2. Is it a hardware complaint?? as the whole rig is only 2 or 3 weeks old max.
  3. Is there a way to fix the issue without having to replace the SMPS, although the retailer told me there is 3 years warranty for all parts, still just out of curiosity is there any way to fix this ourselves??
  4. And the most IMPORTANT thing I have concern is the display. I have a 40 inch LED TV connected through HDMI as the display. Is it the cause of the problem?