Presario Notebook 1500 Series Question

Hi all. I bought my Compaq 1505US from Best Buy about 2 years ago. I
suppose that was my first mistake. Anyway, it just came back from
repair for the 4th time. I ran a diagnostic and it appears that they
changed out the motherboard without informing me. What deception on
their part. I brought in a Presario Model# 1505US for repair and got
back a 1500N model. Although they left the original sn sticker on the
bottom of the notebook, the diagnostic clearly shows a different sn.

Can anyone tell me what the differences between the two
models/motherboards are? In particular, which is the older model,
which has more features, etc. If I got a better and newer
model/mother board when they did the changeout, I will let things be.
But if I got an inferior model/motherboard, I am going to really raise
a stink.

I deeply appreciate any help.

hh

No Presario 1500N shows up on the HP website. The only way to tell for sure
is to open the notebook ad locate the part number for the systemboard. It
will be in the form of XXXXXX-XXX. There may be several of these numbers on
white stickers on the board.
HH