Print to a remote queue document paused

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible within Windows XP to send a printout
to a printer such that the document (not the queue) is in a paused
state when it arrives at the queue? If so, how the hell do you do it,
because it's got me baffled. The printer resides on a Windows 2000
server, so I suppose you could do something with permissions, at a
guess, but from what I have read of permissions I cannot see anything
that looks appropriate.

TIA

Regards
Marcus Webb

I think this depends on your application, even then I can't easily see how
it could be done. Maybe you need some extra software to intercept the job
before you print? What are you trying to achieve?

--
Tony Edgecombe
www.frogmorecs.com/ng

"Tony Edgecombe" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<OyvLK8fTEHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> I think this depends on your application, even then I can't easily see how
> it could be done. Maybe you need some extra software to intercept the job
> before you print? What are you trying to achieve?
>
> --
> Tony Edgecombe
> www.frogmorecs.com/ng
> Software for printing

Thanks Tony,

We're trying to print at the OS level, so it is package independent.
We've seen it done before, and know it ought to theoretically be
possible under our current setup, but for some reason we can't seem to
see how this is possible.

Regards
Marcus