Question Problem with a certain game called Fortnite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexulmiste

Reputable
Sep 29, 2017
Hello, i have a little question about gaming. I am playing many different games, and noticed that Fortnite is the only game thats not running smooth for me. I recently updated my GPU aswell, but the problem is still here. For some reason when playing Fortnite, and in a discord or messenger call, then my game runs really bad. Sound keeps like cutting out and huge constant lag spikes. I noticed that it only happens with Fortnite. Playing call of duty warzone/deathmatch, GTA V, Rainbow six siege OR anything else with no problems at all. So im here asking what could be the problem. I have already tried reinstalling, but it didn't help. I started thinking that it might be lack of ram? Im planning to upgrade to 16gb ram, but im not sure if thats the issue.

Thanks in advance!
Specs: i3 8350K @ 4ghz, gtx 1660 super, 8gb ram.

(also just to mention that i did not remove gpu drivers before upgrading gpu since many people say that if you switch from nvidia to nvidia, then removing drivers is not required. However, this should not cause the issue as Fortnite is more CPU based game.)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020
Hello alexulmiste,

I think the problem is that the CPU that you have is too weak for the GTX 1660 Super. I suggest you upgrade the CPU so that there is no bottleneck, upgrade the RAM to 16GB and also try reinstalling Windows 10 to see if that fixes your issue.

alexulmiste

Reputable
Sep 29, 2017
Hello alexulmiste,

I think the problem is that the CPU that you have is too weak for the GTX 1660 Super. I suggest you upgrade the CPU so that there is no bottleneck, upgrade the RAM to 16GB and also try reinstalling Windows 10 to see if that fixes your issue.
Thanks for the reply! ill take that to consideration! But its really weird, because it only happens to Fortnite. No problem at all with other games. I had GTX 1050 TI before 1660 super, and the issue was the same as now.

alexulmiste

Reputable
Sep 29, 2017
hi, i have same problem: recently upgraded to 1060 6gb and only fortnite stuttering sometimes textures not loading. my pc: i5-3450 8gb ram
I kinda got my game little bit better if you are still having the issue. Opened cmd as an administrator, and typed in sfc/scannow - It will scan your pc, fix and repair broken files if needed.
After that i scanned my whole PC with Malwarebytes.

Status
Not open for further replies.