[SOLVED] Problems after Installing a new SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brovinh

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
Hello, I recently installed the Samsung EVO 860 500GB into my prebuilt PC (ASUS ROG G20AJ-B08) which already has a 1TB HDD in it. I watched around some YouTube videos beforehand, and decided I wanted to:

1. Back up files from HDD onto external drive to clear up space,
  2. Clone HDD to SSD using Macrium Reflect,
  3. Change boot drive to SSD and format HDD to use as storage drive.

In the process, I ran into a number of problems, always automatically repairing windows, and duplicating windows boot manager, it was weird and at the end of it all, my HDD now won't work. When I try booting into it, I get error 0xc00000f saying its not accessible. I don't know what my options are from here in terms of booting from my HDD again, I tried troubleshooting and system restore which successfully completed, however after the restart it still did not boot. It's fine if I am going to have to wipe both drives and do a fresh install of windows, but I don't know where to go from here, and if it's possible to get back into my HDD one last time before it's wiped just to make sure I have everything I might need finally transferring. Thank you in advance :)

Brovinh

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
you don't have to wipe the hdd.
unplug the hdd when you installing windows to the ssd
only plug the hdd in once the system can boot with the ssd without issue
then plug the hdd, boot into bios, and make sure boot from the ssd
Thank you so much I got booted into windows from my SSD and my HDD isn’t wiped but what should I do now to get the same windows settings from the last one to this one? If I shouldn’t do that that’s fine to just start fresh on here whatever you suggest. But thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.