Apr 12, 2019
Hi

I am buying a monitor soon and wondering wich monitor i should buy. I play on a ps4 slim and want a good monitor. I have been looking for 144hz monitor with 1 ms responstime. I am aware that the ps4 slim only provide 60 hz / fps.

If I buy a monitor with 75 hz insted with 1 ms responstime, will the quality be the same as a 144hz monitor? Will the 144hz monitor improve the picture by upscaling?

For example these two monitors - will the quality of the picture be the same?

https://www.wupti.com/produkter/com...aming-skaerm/asus-vp248qg-24-freesync-gamings

https://www.wupti.com/produkter/com...gaming-skaerm/acer-kg241qp-236-144hz-freesync

Hz and response time does not affect quality. You'd get the same out of a 60hz 5ms monitor that costs a fraction of the price. I think you are getting caught up in specs and don't understand what they mean. If you want better quality picture, you want to look at color, contrast, things like that. Those monitors will look different because of those differences but it has nothing to do with hz or ms.

Upscaling is about resolution and hz has nothing to do with res.

Apr 12, 2019
Hz and response time does not affect quality. You'd get the same out of a 60hz 5ms monitor that costs a fraction of the price. I think you are getting caught up in specs and don't understand what they mean. If you want better quality picture, you want to look at color, contrast, things like that. Those monitors will look different because of those differences but it has nothing to do with hz or ms.

Upscaling is about resolution and hz has nothing to do with res.

Okay, but i am not sure wich one i should buy, because it looks pretty much the same in specs - colorkontrast, the only thing I Can see is the brightsness is a bit lower on the cheapest one. I read a lot about monitors and therefore i was looking at hz and responstime. I am playing on a 50 inch four years old tv, and want a better respons and pitcure, but dont know wich to buy. I am thinking 150-200$, thats why i been looking for these monitors. Both screens have freesync, that also should be good in gaming. I am willing to spend 200-300$ if it gives me a much better pitcure, but because of the ps4 slim Technology, will this get me a better pitcure or am i wasting my money?

Thank you, btw

I don't think you understood the info you read about monitors or they were not good sources. You were looking at hz and response times which have nothing to do with what you want. Response time is about ghosting. If the tv is not ghosting then response time is irrelevant. If you were confusing input lag with response time than input lag is not something you even need to worry about on monitors. You can only do 60hz so more hz is irrelevant. Freesync is for pcs so, again, irrelevant. Everything you've mentioned so for is completely useless for you.

Looks is not something you can gauge from specs. Other than size and res, there's no much other info on it that helps. The only way to find out what looks better from an objective standpoint is pro reviews which isn't available for all monitors. Both of those monitors are budget high hz tn monitors so they are just going to be average looking. It likely won't look better than the tv but I have no idea what model tv you have. You'd be much better off looking at 60hz monitors. You'd be swapping the high hz for better picture like you want. Va monitors will typically look better because they have a lot higher contrast from low black levels. This also helps to have wider color gamut.

Apr 12, 2019
I don't think you understood the info you read about monitors or they were not good sources. You were looking at hz and response times which have nothing to do with what you want. Response time is about ghosting. If the tv is not ghosting then response time is irrelevant. If you were confusing input lag with response time than input lag is not something you even need to worry about on monitors. You can only do 60hz so more hz is irrelevant. Freesync is for pcs so, again, irrelevant. Everything you've mentioned so for is completely useless for you.

Looks is not something you can gauge from specs. Other than size and res, there's no much other info on it that helps. The only way to find out what looks better from an objective standpoint is pro reviews which isn't available for all monitors. Both of those monitors are budget high hz tn monitors so they are just going to be average looking. It likely won't look better than the tv but I have no idea what model tv you have. You'd be much better off looking at 60hz monitors. You'd be swapping the high hz for better picture like you want. Va monitors will typically look better because they have a lot higher contrast from low black levels. This also helps to have wider color gamut.

When i am playing on my tv, i feel like the pitcure can’t keep up. Fast movement makes the pitcure on my tv bad - motionblur? The pitcure on my tv is good, but not for gaming. I just want a monitor that can keep up with fast movements so i don’t experience any ghosting.

Is it better to buy a PS4 pro or Xbox One X than buying a monitor, to solve this problem?

If not, do you have a monitor in mind, that would be the perfect fit?😊

That tv has pro reviews so I can look up in depth info about it and yes it does have game mode. It mentions even with game mode on, the input lag is high and one review did say it has minor ghosting issues. It is a va 120hz panel although I didn't look if it's interpolating and one said 100hz native panel. Not that hz matters since you're stuck at 60. It has very good image quality. The monitors you were looking at would be a lot worse looking. You can try to turn game mode on and see if it helps anyways.

Apr 12, 2019
That tv has pro reviews so I can look up in depth info about it and yes it does have game mode. It mentions even with game mode on, the input lag is high and one review did say it has minor ghosting issues. It is a va 120hz panel although I didn't look if it's interpolating and one said 100hz native panel. Not that hz matters since you're at 60. It has very good image quality. The monitors you were looking at would be a lot worse looking. You can try to turn game mode on and see if it helps anyways.

Yeah, the tv has great image quality, epescually in movies and series. Although i am experincen a delay. There is a delay when i press X on my controller to the tv respond. I have now tried game mode and it’s still a problem. On top of the delay, the image can’t keep up in fast movements.

Is i maybe something to do with the respondtime on my tv?

What can I do? :)

Thank you so much!

Pro reviews that go in depth over the monitor's capabilities. It would be a very long time before someone is knowledgeable enough to decipher the info. Some may give a conclusion but not all reviews are reputable and the untrained eye won't see it.