Feb 27, 2022
So i recently bought a ps5 controller and i wanted to use it on my pc but i tried a whole bunch of cables and none of them worked so i ended up getting a bluetooth adapter which ended up causing a lot more problems but somehow it kind of works as in my windows settings say my controller is connected whereas control panel doesnt show its connected it doesnt seem to be recognized as an actual gamepad.

I can't get it to show up on ds4, the only way i can reliably get it to connect and work is by turning on the controller, plugging it in (with any cable) and then steam will recognize it and i can unplug my controller and use it with bluetooth. I dont know what the issue is but my main problem is i wanted to use a controller overlay for my game but the overlay software can't see my controller ?

Solution
ps5 controller doesnt have drivers for windows
you can use USB or bluetooth, but windows wont be able to use it as controller on its own
downnload and use steam to setup your PS5 controller, there open big picture mode and voala it should be working (only in big picture mode), launch games from steam, you can import nonsteam games located on drive aswell
to add non steam games you have to switch back to picture mode and then in menu use "add to library"

if steam doesnt autodetect your controller, open settings in big picture mode, go to controller settings and enable playstation controller there, if you use bluetooth, controller also needs to be power cycled
you can use USB or bluetooth, but windows wont be able to use it as controller on its own
downnload and use steam to setup your PS5 controller, there open big picture mode and voala it should be working (only in big picture mode), launch games from steam, you can import nonsteam games located on drive aswell
to add non steam games you have to switch back to picture mode and then in menu use "add to library"

if steam doesnt autodetect your controller, open settings in big picture mode, go to controller settings and enable playstation controller there, if you use bluetooth, controller also needs to be power cycled

Reactions: SoraBorealis
Solution
Feb 27, 2022

Thanks for all the info! I had no idea there werent any drivers but makes sense why it works on steam startes to think it was a pc issue