[SOLVED] PSU 12 V readings too low

Khalid Filali

Honorable
Aug 28, 2016
hello i have a nox urano vx 750 w that i have been using for like 3.5 years now,anyways my 3 v and 5 v readings are good but my 12 v is reading like between 1v and 11v its all over the place it triggers my asus anti surge and shuts down my pc after disabling it my pc works completely fine no issues i ordered a new gpu it will come next week i just want to make sure this won't hurt it or my current components thank you

Solution
Your computer would be off if the PSU provided 5.8V on the 12V line.... a false reading nonetheless.
I see that you've already checked with the multimeter... 12.38V is within the spec of the +12V rail.
+12V atx spec is between +11.4 and +12.6V.

Also the other temp readings(temp3, temp4, temp5) seem flawed.

EDIT: I researched your PSU and from various forums(johnnyguru) nox is marketing 450-500W very cheaply made units as 750W "reliable and efficient" units. They are usually lying on the efficiency rating too, even though their models are rated 80+ bronze they do not meet the standards required for their acclaimed rating.

Even though your PSU might be fine for now, I highly suggest that you upgrade to something better in the...
hello i have a nox urano vx 750 w that i have been using for like 3.5 years now,anyways my 3 v and 5 v readings are good but my 12 v is reading like between 1v and 11v its all over the place it triggers my asus anti surge and shuts down my pc after disabling it my pc works completely fine no issues i ordered a new gpu it will come next week i just want to make sure this won't hurt it or my current components thank you
Wouldn’t use that PSU for anything. Time for a new QUALITY unit.

there is no telling what the problem actually is. What in the world in your computer is over 104C?

As far as the PSU, even brand new I wouldn't put that thing close to a computer. After 3 years, that thing is ready to destroy your components for sure.
You need to look into getting a quality Corsair, Seasonic or EVGA unit if possible.

Khalid Filali

Honorable
Aug 28, 2016
there is no telling what the problem actually is. What in the world in your computer is over 104C?

As far as the PSU, even brand new I wouldn't put that thing close to a computer. After 3 years, that thing is ready to destroy your components for sure.
You need to look into getting a quality Corsair, Seasonic or EVGA unit if possible.
actually i just checked the psu with a multimeter,the 12 v read at 12.38v which is perfect i have never had any issues with this psu and computer since i built it in 2016,also any oof those psu's would cost me between 70-200$ here in my country :( anyways thanks for your input

Your computer would be off if the PSU provided 5.8V on the 12V line.... a false reading nonetheless.
I see that you've already checked with the multimeter... 12.38V is within the spec of the +12V rail.

EDIT: I researched your PSU and from various forums(johnnyguru) nox is marketing 450-500W very cheaply made units as 750W "reliable and efficient" units. They are usually lying on the efficiency rating too, even though their models are rated 80+ bronze they do not meet the standards required for their acclaimed rating.

Even though your PSU might be fine for now, I highly suggest that you upgrade to something better in the future.
If you want some recommendations, just post your full system specs.

Last edited:
Solution

Khalid Filali

Honorable
Aug 28, 2016

Even though your PSU might be fine for now, I highly suggest that you upgrade to something better in the future.
If you want some recommendations, just post your full system specs.
thank you so much i will definitely upgrade it in the future when i get hold on some money :D