DarylEPerez

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2013
Hello everyone,
Hope all is well.
I was a PC gamer back in 2013 running a 8350 and R290X along a Corsair GS800 PSU... gave up on PC’s and now I am back building my rig.

I have already purchased but can return if necessary a Corsair CX750M given that most if not all PSUs are sold out throughout this pandemic. My system consists of:

XFX 5700XT RAW ii
R9 3900X
ASUS X570 ROG E Gaming Strix
A m.2 SSD
16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz

will the Corsair CX750 be enough throughout time to keep my system running flawlessly? Or should I order other suggestions?

Solution
It's double-forward whereas i would've been more comfortable with pairing RX5700XT with even a budget but LLC resonant PSU like Corsair's own CX. Yes, CX and CX-m aren't just non-modular and modular versions of the same PSU, they're completely different. But really, nothing wrong with that except that it could whine a lot under load and CX-m probably weren't very cost effective purchase. Hard to say what you should look at when buying a PSU in one sentence, but if it uses modern LLC resonant topology on primary side, DC-DC converters on secondary side, has all protections (OTP is what you should look for as that's the one that usually gets dumped in high-end vs mid-end PSUs), rated for at least 40°C continuous power then it should be...

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
It's double-forward whereas i would've been more comfortable with pairing RX5700XT with even a budget but LLC resonant PSU like Corsair's own CX. Yes, CX and CX-m aren't just non-modular and modular versions of the same PSU, they're completely different. But really, nothing wrong with that except that it could whine a lot under load and CX-m probably weren't very cost effective purchase. Hard to say what you should look at when buying a PSU in one sentence, but if it uses modern LLC resonant topology on primary side, DC-DC converters on secondary side, has all protections (OTP is what you should look for as that's the one that usually gets dumped in high-end vs mid-end PSUs), rated for at least 40°C continuous power then it should be good. But better look for some professional reviews of PSU in mind before buying it, Aris Mpitzopoulos (crmaris) makes extremely detailed reviews for Tomshardware and Techpowerup for example, there are other good PSU reviewers too but Aris is the man to go for PSU reviews currently.

Solution