[SOLVED] PSU making buzzing noise...

Netreo

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
So yesterday I got all my parts for brand new PC build. The only parts I reused from old PC were SSD, HDD and PSU.

Current build:
I7-9700f
Cpu cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 black edition
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 2666mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte B365M Aorus Elite
GPU: GTX 1660 Ti
PSU: Corsair VS550

So after assembly, I proceeded to boot my PC for the first time. First thing I did was going into BIOS and checking if everything is working fine. I noticed that my RAM was running on default speeds, so I turned on XMP profile and checked Chassis fans speeds.
After configuring BIOS I proceeded to reinstall Windows 10 and formatting drives. For some time everything was going well. After first driver install and reboot I heard PSU making a buzzing noise. And after another reboot I saw my rear fan stop spinning after startup and one front fan stopped spinning also. 3rd fan was constantly spinning and had no problems.

So I tried to unplug all the connectors and used one fan to check if one or two SYS_FAN connections were faulty. But it didn't work. So I did the same thing with the other fans but yet again... Nothing.

Could it be that PSU is dying or could it be a problem with the motherboard. I already ordered a new PSU to test out the same thing.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Solution
Corsairs VS lineup is entry-level. It very well could be the issue.

Try the new PSU and see if the issue is gone. If so, it was a PSU issue. If not, it may not have been.

What model PSU did you order?