Jan 22, 2021
Hello Lovely humans,

Looking to replace my current psu. I am looking for something in the 750-850w range. While never having taken true measurements, online calculators suggest my current setup has a load wattage of 542W with a Recommended PSU of 600W.
These numbers are based around a GTX960 gpu. This will be replaced in due time and I'd like some head room for beefier replacements.

My questions is largely noise based. My current psu (Corsair TX650) has an annoying habit of the fan spinning up and almost immediately turns back off within seconds. Leaving a forever annoying cycling of spin up, slow down, spin up slow down....
Wondering If I am on the cusp of passive cooling mode and whether there is some way to avoid this in my next purchase. It is currently the loudest part of my build.

Within my budget and wattage requirements, I am most interested in the quietest psu possible. I am currently looking at Corsair RM -750x / 850X or something comparable from Seasonic. Price wise, my area has an HX750 at about the upper limit of my budget if I stretch really hard haha.

My research continues but figured I would throw this out in the wind to see if someone smarter than I has come across relevant findings.
Thanks to any for your time!
Cheers

Solution
Thank you for the input. I really like the idea of seasonic or Corsair. However, as a newly initiated in the nuance of power supply options, I’m finding the model range from Corsair to be mildly easier to understand.
Now having an actual model name to look into will really help me weigh out the seasonic option. Big thanks !

To help you choose, here are reviews from Jonnyguru and tom's.

Jan 22, 2021
Seasonic SSR-850FX FOCUS Plus 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular Power Supply with a 10 year Warranty would suit your build and support future requirements.
I have one and it's quiet.

Thank you for the input. I really like the idea of seasonic or Corsair. However, as a newly initiated in the nuance of power supply options, I’m finding the model range from Corsair to be mildly easier to understand.
Now having an actual model name to look into will really help me weigh out the seasonic option. Big thanks !

To help you choose, here are reviews from Jonnyguru and tom's.

Reactions: Swampduck1311
Solution