Feb 11, 2022
Please keep it to 1 thread
Hello all I got my hands on a Inspiron 5676 with a Ryzen 2700x and a Radeon 580 in it.
The motherboard seems to be a propriety cut one with a AM4 socket of course.

The problem I am facing is that the power button won't turn on the device, but when I hold down the 'Reset' button on the PSU the Status LED lights up green and the PSU fan spins. The moment I let go it stops.

I believe the motherboard may be the problem, but want second opinions. And if so does anyone have a lead on replacements? I realize I could reuse the components on another build but would much rather replace the board if its more cost effective.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Open up the case.
On the motherboard, see where the front panel lead is attached or plugged in.
Possibly that connection or the pwr switch is bad.
There will be a pair of pins which starts up the pc.
Try momentarily shorting the two pins with a flat blade screwdriver to start up the pc.

While parts are exposed, verify that all connections are secure.

You may find a proprietary replacement motherboard available on ebay.
It is not all that certain that the motherboard is at fault.
I might suspect the psu which will also be non standard.

But, if the motherboard is faulty, it is fruitless to try to replace with a standard motherboard.
You need to replace case and likely the psu as well.
Feb 11, 2022
Hello all I got my hands on a Inspiron 5676 with a Ryzen 2700x and a Radeon 580 in it.
The motherboard seems to be a propriety cut one with a AM4 socket of course.

The problem I am facing is that the power button won't turn on the device, but when I hold down the 'Reset' button on the PSU the Status LED lights up green and the PSU fan spins. The moment I let go it stops.

I believe the motherboard may be the problem, but want second opinions. And if so does anyone have a lead on replacements? I realize I could reuse the components on another build but would much rather replace the board if its more cost effective.

Thanks in advance.

Assuming this is your PC, the manual mentions nothing about a "reset button" on the PSU. It does however, on page 11, mention a "Power-supply diagnostics button".

Neither is usually found on a PSU, so you would have to find out which type you have, and how it is supposed to work.

Feb 11, 2022
Assuming this is your PC, the manual mentions nothing about a "reset button" on the PSU. It does however, on page 11, mention a "Power-supply diagnostics button".

Neither is usually found on a PSU, so you would have to find out which type you have, and how it is supposed to work.

very odd - that button is labeled “RESET” right above it. Interesting.

Open up the case.
On the motherboard, see where the front panel lead is attached or plugged in.
Possibly that connection or the pwr switch is bad.
There will be a pair of pins which starts up the pc.
Try momentarily shorting the two pins with a flat blade screwdriver to start up the pc.

While parts are exposed, verify that all connections are secure.

You may find a proprietary replacement motherboard available on ebay.
It is not all that certain that the motherboard is at fault.
I might suspect the psu which will also be non standard.

But, if the motherboard is faulty, it is fruitless to try to replace with a standard motherboard.
You need to replace case and likely the psu as well.

Reactions: SomewhatSimple
Solution
Seems the case from my former home PC history. When case power button failed, I connected reset button to power button pins and it worked like that for a while.

However if reset button is used as power button, after pressing and realeasing it computer must continue to work. If not then motherboard or PSU are faulty.

Feb 11, 2022
Update: I replaced the PSU with evga 510 W and not even a fan spinning - I am going to replace motherboard when I have the chance. But first im gonna short pins as suggested

Feb 11, 2022
Hello all,

I got a Inspiron 5676 Dell pre built from a coworker for free. He gave it to me because it wouldn't power on and thought I could get some use from it.
I am trying to bring it back to life but basically - It wouldn't power on initially, so replaced PSU and nothing, then motherboard was replaced and still nothing.
The PSU it came with has this 'Reset' diagnostic button with indicator LED and it lights green meaning its supposed to be in good health.
The odd thing is that when held down, it spins the cpu fans and I hear the HDD spinning. Reset CMOS for good measure and that didn't help.
Anyone know where to go from here?

SPECS:
Ryzen 7 2700
RX 580
1 TB HDD