[SOLVED] Pump Fan Header or CPU Fan Header

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the pump header for?
PUMP_FAN1 is for the fans on the radiator I believe. From the looks of it though, the fan cables are built into the radiator/pump on this specific AIO, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

The pump itself usually either goes in the AIO_PUMP header or the CPU_FAN header, but your mobo doesn't include the former and the manual recommends the CPU_FAN header anyways, as Lutfij said.

Which Rev. version of this AIO did you buy? While I was researching I noticed that Rev. 3 often comes with the wrong mounting screws for the AMD AM4 mount, double check that yours are correct. If not, fill out this form and they'll ship you the correct screws for free.

If I ma

Thank you for taking time out of your day to assist me. If I may ask though, what's the pump header for?
There could be 2 types of Pump headers. One for AIO coolers usually marked AIO_Pump, thos eare not adjustable for speed. Other type, just marked Pump are speed adjustable and usually can give more power, used mostly for custom builds with large pumps.
On those Arctic AIOs. pump is not speed adjustable, even lacks lead for RPM reporting and will run full speed wherever you connect it. Standard connection is together with PWM lead for fans so like that you are supposed to connect them together to CPU_FAN header.

bty0610

Honorable
Jul 2, 2014
PUMP_FAN1 is for the fans on the radiator I believe. From the looks of it though, the fan cables are built into the radiator/pump on this specific AIO, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

The pump itself usually either goes in the AIO_PUMP header or the CPU_FAN header, but your mobo doesn't include the former and the manual recommends the CPU_FAN header anyways, as Lutfij said.

Which Rev. version of this AIO did you buy? While I was researching I noticed that Rev. 3 often comes with the wrong mounting screws for the AMD AM4 mount, double check that yours are correct. If not, fill out this form and they'll ship you the correct screws for free.
I have the Rev. 3 and I already got the free screws that they offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.