Question Q9450 not detected but somehow works??

May 6, 2024
Hi, I have such a weird problem. Today my Q9450 arrived, and i upgraded it on my motherboard (I had an E6750). I put the cooler in (it did a small mini bend for my mobo but i think its okay). I boot up my pc, go in Windows, and I see in the Computer tab, processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU E;932 @2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz. I seated the CPU in properly I am 100% sure, I followed Intel's and Linus Tech Tips's Tutorial for it, but still nothing. I removed CMOS battery, cleared CMOS. But then it said, Post error failed checksum smth like that, then some gray screen with configs (Default and Last Known Good) I clicked on Last Known Good, and weird stuff happened, the numbers changed to E;318 in Windows. Any help, please? I will send you my SPECS! I even tried Q-FlasH
CPU: Q9450
GPU: GT 730 Asus
Mobo: P35-DS3 rev 2.1 with F14 BIOS
RAM: Kingston 2x1 GB 333 MHz and PQ1 CORP 2X1 GB 400 MHz (4 GB TOTAL!)
PSU: Not sure, says, Model: 350X, I am sure its 350 W!
I have 2 SSDS and 1 HDD

Please help! Ty!

Edit #1: I got the CPU and Cooler from AliExpress (the CPU from SZ-CPU STORE and the AIGO ICE200PRO cooler from ofc AIGO store)

Lutfij

Titan
You should verify the make and model of the PSU and it's age.

I even tried Q-FlasH
If you flashed the BIOS recently, then clear the CMOS. Disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs, then replace the battery after 30mins.

Would be a good idea to see if you can breadboard the board+CPU and have the cooler merely rest on the CPU's IHS, without any mounting pressure and see if you're able to get to POST/OS GUI.

Just curious, what were you working with prior? Did you perform a motherboard update too? If so, you might ant to think about reinstalling your OS.

May 6, 2024
You should verify the make and model of the PSU and it's age.

I even tried Q-FlasH
If you flashed the BIOS recently, then clear the CMOS. Disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs, then replace the battery after 30mins.

Would be a good idea to see if you can breadboard the board+CPU and have the cooler merely rest on the CPU's IHS, without any mounting pressure and see if you're able to get to POST/OS GUI.

Just curious, what were you working with prior? Did you perform a motherboard update too? If so, you might ant to think about reinstalling your OS.
I was prior working with the E6750, and even if I reinstall it when my PC posts it shows the same thing (Intel Core 2 Quad E;418 2.00 GHz 333x6) super weird! I could try reseating the CPU. Breadboard the motherboard, hmm, by what do u mean? Could i maybe try getting a backplate, bend only seems to be on the 2nd upper part of the USB ports, seems small, maybe like atleast 2 mm, not sure!

Edit #1: I am not home but I will try disconnecting the CMOS again and will try reseating the CPU tomorrow!