QOTD: Do You Take Your PC to LAN Parties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
No. I take my Xbox 360 to LAN parties or I get together online and play together with the PC. Too much stuff. If I had a legitimate gaming laptop it wouldn't be a burden.

G

Absolutely! I just hosted a LAN party at my house on Saturday. There is nothing like the having all the gamers in the same room.

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
I've got a full tower Thermaltake Armor+ loaded down with stuff. I'm terrified it will someday cave in the floor and kill my downstairs neighbors. The thought of moving it anywhere is... well, terrifying. Unless I could rig a moon rover kind of dolly for it, that would be very fun.

G

definitely. either my desktop, monitor and the rest of my garb or just the laptop. depending on how bad i feel like pwing my friends.

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Nope never even seen a LAN party lol yea I'm lame XD are we supposed to like bring our own monitor/keyboard/mouse/CAT cables and everything? How about a UPS?

Sushi Warrior

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I don't go to true LANs, but I bring my PC to my friend's almost every weekend and we play together online w/other people. I just can't get enough people to play with just the people there.

jaoreill

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
used to take the mid tower and crt to the party. Now i got gateway fx laptop, and nobody has lans round me anymore. Still good to be portable, to an extent.

G

Are you kidding me? Instead of going to prom, I hosted a massive lan. People were dragging their antec nine hundereds from miles away. Somebody brought a projector. And I shlep ALL my gear when somebody else hosts.

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Why is this a lame QOTD mwinfie? Maybe they are thinking about doing a LAN Party System Builders Marathon? wink wink?

Anyway, yes, I take my PC to Lan Parties now and then. It kinda stopped when COD4 came out on Xbox two years ago, but has picked up again now that my friends and I are playing Starcraft again (preparing for Starcraft II multiplayer, a clan can become a serious pursuit). Also, DOW started back up for me and my friends again when DOW2 came out.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Not in a long time. With broadband it's not necessary anymore. Getting everyone to agree on which game to play was difficult and it's much easier to find compatible players online. With Skype, TeamSpeak, or any SIP client, it's not necessary to be in the same room. The only disadvantage is that you can't just reach over an punch someone who is cheating :D

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
There is (almost) nothing better than a PC LAN party. Been doing those for about 4-5 years now (since I built my first gaming PC). We used to LAN BF2 and CS:S all the time but have slowed up a bit due to people moving away, or being too busy to play (I know, how is that possible). =/ A few MMORPGs that we bounce in and out of are played as well. (EQ1, Vanguard:SOH, Warhammer)

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
Haha. Of Course I do. Its a tradition amongst my friends. We meet up once a month for L4D, CoD4, Q3, etc. In between those times we get together via Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.