QOTD: Do You Think Moon Landing Was Faked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
Honestly no I don't. There is to much proof showing otherwise. Even myth busters did an episode on it. All of the conspiracy theories that I myself have heard that say otherwise have been dis proven. So until i see something to shows me unreputidely (sp?) that it was faked, I say we landed on the moon.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Considering the old technology they had and with the current tech we have now, we can only imagine landing on the moon now. Yet, it was done with very old equipment several decades ago. I wonder at times.

G

If they had had Windows Me back in the 60s I would be a lot more inclined to believe the landing was real.

Nope, we were going against the russians, if we faked it and they found out that would have been really bad for us so i believe that we actually went there. And the mythbusters episode covered most of the conspiracy theories and proved them wrong.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
"NASA spent over 10 million dollars to develop the Space Pen, to combat the fact that regular ball points did not work in no gravity environments. The Russians used pencils."

^^Just for fun, but no really, I think it happened. All this conspiracy crap, just read the article of the guy who thinks the mafia threatened him through his iPod. It's all crap.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
No. If it were faked, it would have to have been faked repeatedly.

The government sure went through a lot of the trouble in regards to Apollo 13 for being able to just fake a moon landing...

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Why is this on Toms?

If anyone honestly thinks the government could pull off a multi-billion dollar hoax involving thousands of people and workers, all while fooling the Russians at the same time, please let me know what your smoking.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... nop... the official landing seams fake... the one thing... why this iz no routine now to go to Moon? with the technological progress... but it may be that there is a Moon program we don't know about...

mirazh1976

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
Lets see, we were there ONCE and Decided Never to go back.

Then we LOST the original tapes, even though we keep master tapes of movies and music far older than the moon landing.

And we have people who point too visual anomalies in the video, like NO stars of Blast patterns at touch down , etc..

All I can say, as time passes by and with all these events coming to pass, I have indeed become more skeptical. Yes I would call it the most impressive accomplishment of human kind. But that does not immune itself to being a possible lie.

You believe what you want, I look for consistency.
Peace.

omnicron

Distinguished
May 3, 2008
I seen something on the hostory channel the other day. It showed footage of them being on the moon. They pointed out the fact that the "tee's" that should be etched on the lens and on top of every frame was in fact missing or behind some frames of the film. Sure wish I would of DVR'd it.

G

@hunter315 But to play the devil's advocate most of the tests the mythbusters did where at NASA, so why would NASA want the test results to show that the conspirators were right? Maybe as an agreement to film, the mythbusters crew had to sign some forums that allowed NASA to modify the experiments as they saw fit, we may never know.

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
[citation][nom]Scotteq[/nom]I also believe most conspiracy theories are clear and present evidence of the ever increasing quality of recreational drugs.[/citation]
Does that include the official conspiracy theories?

I wonder if on september 11th Tom is gonna ask that question again but regarding planes and WTC.

The moon landing was not faked. Stop drinking the kool-aid. Stupid conspiracy theories.

A recent article released the fact that NASA did not archive 100% of the original moon landing footage and many of the original tapes were recorded over to document other NASA projects. A NASA technician stated during the interview, and I paraphrase, "It wasn't procedure to archive any footage at that time. No one thought that it would become such a large part of history". And as a result, much of what we have now is pieced together from NASA footage and various non-NASA sources.

puddleglum

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]Tedders[/nom]There have also been new pictures taken of the moon that shows equipment left behind by the Apollo missions.http://www.space.com/news/090717-l [...] mages.html[/citation]
You can't really see any details in those pictures. Plus today we have photoshop -- seeing is no longer believing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.