QUANTUM FIREBALL gone to hell?

G

Hello my quantum fireball just gave me an error message on bootup saying, "so and so has detected an internal error, backup immediately, failure is imminent." well it seems to be working fine, no loss of data or anything. The problem is, I CANT DEFRAG! can anyone tell me how i can get it to work? I have tried 3 different defraggers and none have worked.

G

I have no idea. But something is definitely wrong, and your drive might fail any moment, for all we know. Don't play with fire. Follow the advice, and backup immediately.

Leo

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
some more info would be helpful...
like the exact message given,
and what happens when u use a defragger?
do they crash?
lock up the system
get caught in loops?

might want to check for viruses too
make sure u aint got a boot sector resident one (nasty)

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have created"~Darth Vader, Star wars

G

Well it says "internal error" and that the hardrive smart detector has detected failure imminent. I have norton and I updated and scanned. When I try to defrag in windows it says to run scandisk. When i try to use the defragger in norton it says to run norton disk doctor, which repairs hard drives. I run norton dd and it just stops halfway through and freezes, or gives a random error somewhere.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well if the SMART detector detects a failure imminant, then its doing its job well.
your HDD is almost screwed
get your data off fast

if its under warantee, take it back
if not, new drive for you time.
the end

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have created"~Darth Vader, Star wars