[SOLVED] Question about my 7 2700x possibly bottlenecking a rtx 3080?

TheRickert

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014
Hey all!

I just received a rtx 3080 (yes i know pretty rare haha) I paired this with a ryzen 7 2700x that i already owned.

I play on a 3440x1440 ultrawide monitor, however i dont know wheter im bottlenecking, since sometimes gpu usage is 97% but also sometimes between 85 and 90% in cod cold war beta

Here are some pictures of my cpu and gpu usage while gaming (if i need to post them any other way please notify me)

Or could it also be that the ryzen is set to auto and fluctuates cores and voltages so much?
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/p4zuAPp

Last edited:
Solution
Everything looks good. You're above 70% relative performance on everything.
It's normal for GPU loads to vary depending on what you are doing in game. Everything from pulling up menus to staring at a blank wall will change the load on your GPU.
Run HWiNFO64 in the background (sensors only with logging on) while you game for 30 mins. Go through the log and see what the load is on your CPU and GPU. Also note that some games are more CPU heavy and others are more GPU heavy. Some game may also only put a 70-80% max GPU load on the RTX 3080.

I think you're fine.

TheRickert

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014
Is there something specifically wrong like massively lower than expected framerate?
Please run a Userbenchmark and post a link to the results.

tOxWFbz.png

Results here

neojack

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
well at your resolution of 1440p ultra wide, the CPU would not bottleneck this GPU, especially since your CPU is performing above expectations

for more information, you can check this review
the data you need is something between 1440p and 4k

"
The RTX 3080 is very much a graphics card designed to tackle high-resolution gaming. 4K ultra at 60 fps or more is now totally possible, and you can do it with a Core i7-4770K, Ryzen 5 3600, or go all the way and pair it with a Core i9-10900K or Ryzen 9 3900X.
The gap between current AMD and Intel CPUs at 4K is basically nonexistent
"

enjoy your rig !

Reactions: TheRickert

TheRickert

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014
well at your resolution of 1440p ultra wide, the CPU would not bottleneck this GPU, especially since your CPU is performing above expectations

for more information, you can check this review
the data you need is something between 1440p and 4k

"
The RTX 3080 is very much a graphics card designed to tackle high-resolution gaming. 4K ultra at 60 fps or more is now totally possible, and you can do it with a Core i7-4770K, Ryzen 5 3600, or go all the way and pair it with a Core i9-10900K or Ryzen 9 3900X.
The gap between current AMD and Intel CPUs at 4K is basically nonexistent
"

enjoy your rig !
Thank you! Appreciate all the help!

It's normal for GPU loads to vary depending on what you are doing in game. Everything from pulling up menus to staring at a blank wall will change the load on your GPU.
Run HWiNFO64 in the background (sensors only with logging on) while you game for 30 mins. Go through the log and see what the load is on your CPU and GPU. Also note that some games are more CPU heavy and others are more GPU heavy. Some game may also only put a 70-80% max GPU load on the RTX 3080.

I think you're fine.

Reactions: TheRickert
Solution

TheRickert

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014

I think you're fine.
Thank you, i will! Appreciete all the help!

Reactions: alceryes