[SOLVED] ram is not in the qvl will it still work?

Apr 26, 2020
I've noticed that anything that has intel xmp 2.0 is not in my qvl
if someone could help and tell if it this two will work together or am I bottlenecking something

RAM
Mobo QVL

Solution
That kit will most likely work with that Asus ROG Strix B550-A motherboard and a Ryzen 3000 or 5000 CPU.
The Z in the model number designates it is AMD Ryzen compatible.
CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18
But again there is no guarantee, so if it doesn't work you can just return it and get a different kit.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
It might but there is no guarantee that it will run at it's full rated speed.
Sadly Corsair Vengeance RAM kits have a history of Not running at their full rated speed on Ryzen builds.
I would look for a G.Skill or Crucial kit that is on the QVL just to be safe, since they tend to be more "Ryzen friendly".

Nov 24, 2020
It might but there is no guarantee that it will run at it's full rated speed.
Sadly Corsair Vengeance RAM kits have a history of Not running at their full rated speed on Ryzen builds.
I would look for a G.Skill or Crucial kit that is on the QVL just to be safe, since they tend to be more "Ryzen friendly".

I'd like to add HyperX is also very well known to work, and is listed on the QVL.

Which is the brand i went for, due pricing here.

But i agree when it comes to corsair. Corsair is cheap for a reason. They should perform at rated speeds, but no guarantee they will work on your board/cpu. Basically it's a gamble.

Reactions: DMAN999
You want guaranteed support so you do not get finger pointing between ram and motherboard vendors if there is an issue.
Check the corsair ram selection app for your motherboard.
If the ram is explicitly supported by Corsair for your motherboard, that would be OK.
Not all working ram will show up on a motherboard QVL list.

Apr 26, 2020

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
That kit will most likely work with that Asus ROG Strix B550-A motherboard and a Ryzen 3000 or 5000 CPU.
The Z in the model number designates it is AMD Ryzen compatible.
CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18
But again there is no guarantee, so if it doesn't work you can just return it and get a different kit.

Solution