Question Random FPS drops when playing Rust ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2021
EDIT: Turns out my PC was trying to use Citrix Workspace as the primary GPU/CPU for very certain games, Rust included. Even though I disabled the Citrix display adapter and forced the PC to use my GPU for games, it required fully un-installing Citrix to fix the issue. Appreciate the suggestions and hope this can help people in the future.

Started experiencing a random FPS drops on Rust today. Two days ago was averaging 100fps and today I can't get above 12. I've tried updating drivers, reinstalling to same and different drive, changing in-game settings and I can't get anything to work. Only Rust is having these issues, every other game runs fine.

Any and all suggestions appreciated. TIA.

PC Specs:
I7-10700k
2080 Super
2tb M.2 and 1tb 870 EVO Plus
ASUS TUF Z490 Gaming
16GB of DDR4

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. As for your platform, have you tried working with other titles to see if the issue is compounded on Rust or on other titles? BIOS version for your motherboard? OS used? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on? Did you use DDU prior to uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU driver?

Got a link to the ram kit? As for your SSD, use Samsung's Magician app to see if your SSD's are pending firmware updates.

Dec 8, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. As for your platform, have you tried working with other titles to see if the issue is compounded on Rust or on other titles? BIOS version for your motherboard? OS used? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on? Did you use DDU prior to uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU driver?

Got a link to the ram kit? As for your SSD, use Samsung's Magician app to see if your SSD's are pending firmware updates.
Thanks for the welcome! To answer your questions:

PSU is EVGA SuperNova220 850w Gold. PC is about a year old at this point, give or take a few weeks.
Issue is solely with Rust, tried a range of other games (from demanding to not) and system had no issue running anything else.
BIOS v1208
Windows 10.0.19042.
I haven't un-installed driver yet, only the game itself. Drivers have been updated though. I was considering uninstalling with DDU but since the issue is localized to a single game, I wasn't sure if that would have an effect or not.
Ram is this T-Force
My SSD did need a firmware update, but trying Rust after the fact didn't fix anything

The only other thing I didn't mention in OP was my slight thought that the issue is stemming from new work programs I put on my PC. I installed Citrix workspace for a new job and under device manager - display adapters, there is a Citrix Indirect Display Adapter Listed. However, Rust is the only game that is having this issue and even with disabling the adapter, I have no change in FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.