Question Re-installed fresh Windows. But now even a slight 5mv Undervolting RX580 4GB crashed the system.

Sep 28, 2023
Before the fresh installation of windows i ran the Power Color RX580 4gb on 950mv with no problem. 55-75fps on RDR2, 60-75fps on BF5. Now it just crashed for a slight bit of undervolting without even running anything. Just applied the setting and 30 second later it just blanked. I'm stressed because this graphic card is so loud and power hungry.

Before the fresh installation of windows i ran the Power Color RX580 4gb on 950mv with no problem. 55-75fps on RDR2, 60-75fps on BF5. Now it just crashed for a slight bit of undervolting without even running anything. Just applied the setting and 30 second later it just blanked. I'm stressed because this graphic card is so loud and power hungry.
It's 150W card at 1,2v so 950 mV is already quite good undervolt.

Sep 28, 2023
It's 150W card at 1,2v so 950 mV is already quite good undervolt.
Yes. I tuned in night and days to find the sweetest spot. But now after the fresh re-install of windows (Because my ssd died) it won't even run with slightest bit of 5mv undervolting. I used to run it at 100-113W max with no problems.

Ralston18

Titan
Additional suggestions:

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU and Disk drive(s).

= = = =

Noted:

"fresh installation of windows" and "without even running anything".

You may not have run anything. However, I suggest taking another look at that fresh windows installation.

Could be that something is now running (or trying to run) and causing the problem.

Or conversly, something that was in place to make things originally run as described may now either be gone, disabled, or misconfigured.

Stop undervolting. If the system is stable then look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Likely either one or both tools may have captured an error code, warning, or even an informational event just before or at the time of the crashes.

What are
Yes. I tuned in night and days to find the sweetest spot. But now after the fresh re-install of windows (Because my ssd died) it won't even run with slightest bit of 5mv undervolting. I used to run it at 100-113W max with no problems.
Not because of Windows.
What are you using to undervolt and settings, Adrenalin, MSI Afterburner ?
What about drivers, have you tried some earlier divers straight from AMD, 21,x,x or 22.x.x ?

Sep 28, 2023
What are

Not because of Windows.
What are you using to undervolt and settings, Adrenalin, MSI Afterburner ?
What about drivers, have you tried some earlier divers straight from AMD, 21,x,x or 22.x.x ?
Yes i'm pretty sure it's not because of the windows. I'm using the exact same windows Ghost Spectre built Windows 10, undervolting with Adrenalin with the exact Amernime Driver from previous installation. As for the hardware i didn't change anything except for the ssd and it's a better one than before.

TRENDING THREADS