Jun 29, 2019
so i recently installed the ryzen 5 2600, and upon doin so everything was dandy :D until i noticed my audio was not working. so i did hours upon hours of research and found one "solution" saying to uninstall all realtek related things (which i did) and then to restart, thus windows installing the necessary drivers i deleted and fixing them. this was not the case tho. upon restart i sat on preparing windows for a hour so i assumed they had installed. Negative. Ive tried everything. from checking if onboard is enabled. From making new Windows boot. I have literally searched the web for 13 hours consecutively now and no result. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 29, 2019
Blue snowball, NVIDIA High defenition audio, and when i go to sounds, its just 3 NVIDIA monitors for output , Removedmakes no sense to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 29, 2019
* Might i add that it was working right before i put my New cpu and cooler in... then stopped on bootup, but yes its USB and working, and the headset is audio jack, real tek is nowhere to be found on my pc and have tried every which way to download the drivers again but they never show up in sound video and game controllers

Jun 29, 2019
there are no volume meters fam. its like there is no windows audio whatsoever. the speaker has the red no no circle over it and i have no output devices at all that can be used. the nvidia ones are greyed out

Jun 29, 2019
Stick to 1 thread
so i have recently installed my new Ryzen 2600 and it deleted the audio drivers for realtek on my pc. tried everything to get them back. is there an easy way to just factory reset everything on my pc to work again? is it really that simple? i jave spwnt days trying to fix this and at this point id be fine with a fresh machine and all my drivers back,

Jun 29, 2019
So heres my issue. I purchased a 2600 Ryzen 5. i install it and my windows audio doesnt work. real tek is nowhere to be found in device manager, and when its there i update my drivers with driver easy but it still wont work. i take out the cpu (i have a a320 PRO VHL baseboard) and put my old ryzen 3 in and my audio works again... mighty confuzed, any solutions?

What is probably happening is the NVIDIA sound drivers are conflicting with your Realtec drivers. Go the Programs and features and uninstall the NVIDIA 3D audio/sound drivers. Then reboot your computer and see if the Realtec drivers load; check Device Manager.

Last edited: