[SOLVED] Recording gameplay to HHD or SSD?

Apr 1, 2020
Hello, I am wondering about which storage drive I should buy next to be able to record 1080p 60fps. I keep seeing mixed opinions about which one to use for strictly recording.
GPU - 2070 super
CPU - R5 3600 OC 4.2
RAM - 16gb 3200
STORAGE - SSD 240gb (for os and apps) HHD 1TB (for games)
I will be using NVENC to encode and OBS to record. What do you think I should use for a strictly recording drive? I would like to record shooters like COD CW and MW.

Solution
I will be using NVENC to encode and OBS to record.
Nvenc is already compressed so you do not need a fast storage device any simple HDD will be enough.
I am wondering this as well as I am recording using shadow play and currently everything is coming out as 1080p at 30 FPS... I tried changing which drive it saves to but it always replaces the folder back into the original drive...
Folder setting are on a completely different tab then recording quality settings, changing folders will not affect the quality.
Oct 4, 2020
I am wondering this as well as I am recording using shadow play and currently everything is coming out as 1080p at 30 FPS... I tried changing which drive it saves to but it always replaces the folder back into the original drive...

I will be using NVENC to encode and OBS to record.
Nvenc is already compressed so you do not need a fast storage device any simple HDD will be enough.
Folder setting are on a completely different tab then recording quality settings, changing folders will not affect the quality.

Solution