[SOLVED] rendering/gaming pc

adnanahmed12

Honorable
Oct 8, 2014
Hello all, I want to build a pc that can render my work fast for my job and also play games on the side. Ive only built gaming pc's and dont know enough about parts for rendering/modelling for example if i need more cores or threads or if its gpu dependant. YGM

I use autodesk maya, CAD, Adobe photoshop and illustrator. I also game.
my budget is around 1.3 k
cheers

Solution
There's nothing special about a gaming pc or a workstation. They're all just computers. The specs are usually different for different applications and that's what influences the overall system.

Now that being said, a lot of workstations are actually more similar to servers than desktop computers. Usually this means you can have access to more cores since dual cpus are common and you can have much, much more ram since the ram is typically ecc or registered ecc. (I have 256gb in my HP z420.)

But some of the tradeoffs is that these setups aren't necessarily the fastest as a gaming platform because the single thread performance isn't on the cutting edge, nor do they look like a gaming platform.
There's nothing special about a gaming pc or a workstation. They're all just computers. The specs are usually different for different applications and that's what influences the overall system.

Now that being said, a lot of workstations are actually more similar to servers than desktop computers. Usually this means you can have access to more cores since dual cpus are common and you can have much, much more ram since the ram is typically ecc or registered ecc. (I have 256gb in my HP z420.)

But some of the tradeoffs is that these setups aren't necessarily the fastest as a gaming platform because the single thread performance isn't on the cutting edge, nor do they look like a gaming platform.

Reactions: adnanahmed12
Solution