Report: Asus Has ''Off the Charts'' Reliability Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightsilver

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
If you think about the fact that most people calling each of these companies for support probably couldn't figure out how to open IE if you deleted their "little blue E" from the desktop, how much weight do polls like these really have?

Just wait until ASUS starts shipping more systems, their "reliability" rating will hit the floor.

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Meaningless, like said above "it also could signal that the owners of the machine choose to seek support directly from the manufacturer rather than third-party Rescuecom"

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Their mid to high-end stuff is reliable. Their low end stuff is not.

These broad charts are always deceptive. The cheap low cost crap could make up the bulk of the failures, so be careful what you buy even if it has the ASUS brand on it.

kalogagatya

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
"Then there is Apple. A consistent top three finisher, Apple’s superior level of service for its products has long made them among the most reliable in the industry."

Specially when things are not malfunctioning, but being misused...

Thats a pretty big gap between ASUS and apple, thats pretty impressive, but i dont trust these numbers at all because i had never heard of rescuecom or that phone number before i saw one of these reports.

rrobstur

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
[citation][nom]Nightsilver[/nom]If you think about the fact that most people calling each of these companies for support probably couldn't figure out how to open IE if you deleted their "little blue E" from the desktop, how much weight do polls like these really have?Just wait until ASUS starts shipping more systems, their "reliability" rating will hit the floor.[/citation]
i was thinking the same thing as soon as i read the paragraph below the chart. this is it not a good poll to reference any pc maker better then another exept maybe tech support.

haramir

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
I agree with lvlouro, these numbers are hardly concrete evidence that Asus is superior. On the other hand, I do happen to really enjoy my Asus motherboard but we can't let bias get in the way now, can we?

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I agree with the comments, this is a rating from one repair company and as such means nothing.

I don't know about the others, but with my experience of HP products compared to my home built systems, there is no way HP deserves a score that high. If the score could go negative, that would be befitting for HP.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
To be honest, this is sort of confusing for me. I've never heard of Rescuecom, so how in the world would I call them for support? Do all these computer manufacturers supply a number to them? Why would people not just call the manufacturer's help number?

I must be missing something there.

dstln

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
I don't think this is particularly valid at all. Case in point for something like apple. People get/use their warranties through apple stores and applecare, why would the average mac user ever use rescuecom?

rrobstur

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
[citation][nom]cyprod[/nom]I agree with the comments, this is a rating from one repair company and as such means nothing.I don't know about the others, but with my experience of HP products compared to my home built systems, there is no way HP deserves a score that high. If the score could go negative, that would be befitting for HP.[/citation]
i disagree, the only problem i had out of my hp was a faulty hdd that hp did not hesitate to replace. the drive being faulty didnt fail till 3 years after purchese. however i really like toshibas cust support better they replaced a failed hdd for me 3 days after warranty **gf threw her laptop on the floor >.>. poor laptop.

G

If I wanted to advertise my "rescue" service I'd publish wonky data likely to elicit controversy and conversation.

JPHD

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Nightsilver[/nom]If you think about the fact that most people calling each of these companies for support probably couldn't figure out how to open IE if you deleted their "little blue E" from the desktop[/citation]
lol. reminds me of Roy's line, from the IT Crowd: "Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
[citation][nom]JPHD[/nom]lol. reminds me of Roy's line, from the IT Crowd: "Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?"[/citation]
Loool...made my day :)

Stifle

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Without knowing the total volume of service calls that went into this report, I would definitely pass over this report.

NotYetRated

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Ehh. If it is a big enough pool of data, from the past multiple years, the data could be somewhat of an indicator of reliability... Though, not a definitive one. The company's marketing strategy could be a large part of it. I know nothing of the company, but if they market towards any one company in particular, then numbers like these would be awfully misleading.

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Asus was number one the last time I saw a report like this and people said wait until Asus ships more I bet their reliability will go down. Yet... they are still number one.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Someone has dropped the ball here, these numbers mean absolutly nothing to anyone besides this company.

As others said wouldn't most contact the manufactures directly and who is this company? Never heard of them.

I have had expeirences with HP, Dell, Toshiba, and Sony. They were all completly terrible. IMHO everyone should educate themselves and build their own system, and be amazed at your power over these money hungary corporations. Power to the consumer!

wydileie

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
There are several things that skew these numbers.

1. As said before, many people will go through the manufacturer. This is especially true with Apple as nearly everyone I know with an Apple bought the Applecare with it, seeing as how fixing an Apple costs 5x as much as a regular computer because Apple charges 5x the price for the same parts to computer repair shops.
2. A large majority of people that buy Dell's and HP's have no idea how to do even basic diagnostic work and will turn their computers over to a repair shop for something as stupid as adware they didn't bother to download free programs to get rid of it.
3. Many people have not heard of Asus. Most the people that buy their systems (especially their non-netbook laptops) are relatively tech savvy and probably know their way around a computer. I would say the overall tech level of Asus system buyers is probably quite a bit higher then the run of the mill brands. This means they most likely don't need to seek out help for all the stupid simple stuff that people will normally take their computers in for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS