Question Resizing application windows causes monitor to crash/reset input source?

zombcb

Honorable
Jan 30, 2016
I just bought a Samsung Odyssey G7 and I've run into an issue where sometimes the screen will go black for a moment or two and then come back while showing the input I'm on as if the monitor had been reset. This happens exclusively either when I resize the window of some applications (Chrome, Zoom, Word, etc), or if I move where the window is on my screen is too quickly. Has anyone else experienced this with their monitor, whether it's this one or another model? Is it a thing with monitors with higher refresh rates? I've tried to Google around, but can't seem to find anyone else with this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

zombcb

Honorable
Jan 30, 2016
full system spec? test with another monitor? could be issue with your gpu
Thanks for the reply. You can see my specs here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2ttXrr

I don't have this issue on my old monitor. It may be a gpu issue though, as I did recently try to overclock mine (although it was working fine on the old monitor as well).

Edit: also now that I think of it, I wasn't overclocked when I initially switched monitors and I was still having the issue.

Last edited: