[SOLVED] Right headphone not working

Ilayeggs

Prominent
Aug 11, 2019
So my I have a MSI GE72VR laptop and when I'm using my headphones the right headphone doesn't work. I tried all the common things like setting as default in control panel and switching from mono to stereo, (it was already in stereo). And yes my headphones are all the way plugged in. The balance is set so both of them are at 50 and all my drivers are updated. please help I might resort to buying bluetooth headphones but those are very expensive so I don't want them. (bluetooth works both ways)

Solution
Yes i've tried different headphones and ive made sure that there is no debris in my port

Some suggestions:
Uninstall and reinstall audio input/ output drivers.
The port may be broken. You can purchase a USB soundcard and seeing if you can use headphones through that. Since it is a laptop, I suspect this may be the case more but I guess reinstalling the drivers won't hurt.

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Have you tried different headphones and also making sure there is no debris in the port?

I had similar with a pair of headphones before. They worked fine in everything else but for some reason only ever worked in one ear when they were plugged into my computer. Other headphones worked fine.

Ilayeggs

Prominent
Aug 11, 2019
Have you tried different headphones and also making sure there is no debris in the port?

I had similar with a pair of headphones before. They worked fine in everything else but for some reason only ever worked in one ear when they were plugged into my computer. Other headphones worked fine.

Yes i've tried different headphones and ive made sure that there is no debris in my port

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019

Some suggestions:
Uninstall and reinstall audio input/ output drivers.
The port may be broken. You can purchase a USB soundcard and seeing if you can use headphones through that. Since it is a laptop, I suspect this may be the case more but I guess reinstalling the drivers won't hurt.

Solution