Rocket League, weird wave / vertical line

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2018
Hey everyone, I need help. I'd be in debt to you forever if you help me fix this, it's been happening for YEARS, using my old hardware AND all new parts (x2)

I've ALWAYS experienced this while playing Rocket League, and i'm Champion 3 (getting very competitive, into the e-sport side). I experience a weird type of screen tear while playing, and it's almost constant. It's this weird line that moves from halfway up the screen until the top, and while playing at a fast pace, it's impossible to play well. To the human eye, it's a constant flicker/disorienting.

Having other applications open such as Discord makes it worse, but even when just playing the game it is bad as well. As time goes on it gets worse, although it's still pretty bad after booting the PC/playing. It's never smooth. I don't play any other games, but I tried a shooter and it ran fine.. for some odd reason.

I've tried:
Using DDU in safe mode, and re-installing Nvidia drivers/different driver versions.
Setting all the NVIDIA CP Options to off, with Prefer Maximum Performance/Optimal/Adaptive power.
Turning off Page File.
I BOUGHT ALL NEW COMPUTER PARTS x2
Setting PhysX to CPU/GPU seperately.
Reinstalling Windows 10/7, and re-installing the game multiple times. Using different W10 updates aswell.
Updating my BIOS Drivers.
Setting the Windows Power Options to High Performance.
Setting RocketLeague.exe to run on High Priority, and saved the Priority.
Using HDMI 2.0 240hz, and DisplayPort 1.3/1.2 240hz.
Reinstalling Microsoft VC Redist/DirectX Drivers
Using a different outlet in my house/another power source at a different house
Using uncapped FPS (600+, I wouldn't play with this as Rocket League acts weird with uncapped, but it STILL did the vertical wave.)
Using capped 240FPS/120FPS/60FPS, it happens WORSE using 240FPS, and happens often using 120/60.

Part list:
Asus Strix GTX 1080(also tested with a 1080 Gaming X/1070 Ti)
i7-8700 (also tested with i5-6600k/i5-8600k)
Asus Strix Z370-E (also tested with Asrock Gaming K4 Z170/Asrock Taichi Z370)
Samsung 970 EVO (also tested with this same SSD but 1TB/Ultra II SSD 480GB)
BenQ XL2540 (also tested on 144hz Acer 1440p Predator G-Sync/AW2518H 240HZ Alienware Monitor)
32GB Corsair RGB Pro RAM (using 2133 as using XMP made Rocket League worse)
(also tested with 16GB of other RAM)
Corsair - RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX (also tested with Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W 80+ Platinum ATX12V)
DisplayPort 1.2

I need to be able to play at 250 FPS, with no V-Sync/G-Sync (it happened with G-Sync aswell). All the pros/high tier players don't lag at all/experience what I am going through and I just don't understand it. They don't use any Sync and have 250FPS running completely smoothly.. My last PC was a DIRECT COPY, SETTINGS, WINDOWS, EVERYTHING, of a professional player, and mine experienced this.

Video of it happening, using slow-mo on iPhone.
First Video - You can see how it appears, then goes away for a few seconds as i'm hitting ball cam, and it re-appears: https://youtu.be/q0Zw1QqvwAY

Second Video: I'm pressing ball cam rapidly, and you can see exactly how the line moves. And it still dis-appears for a few seconds, then it's back: https://youtu.be/9c_nrKbktdA

Thank you so much in advance, I appreciate any and all suggestions! As i've been experiencing this for YEARS, and I want to go professional in this game, I will be paying for the fix to this obscure issue, in PayPal, $250.

This is called tearing, it can be fixed by turning Vsync on, either from the game options or nvidia control panel. This will stop tearing but it will capped your fps to your refresh rate, if you want high fps get a high refresh rate screen (if you want 250 fps, get a 250 hz monitor). Using a 250hz monitor with vsync on will get you 250 frames without tearing.

jed.r.w

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
From what you said in your original post it sounds like you are capping your FPS at 250, is this correct? If so, have you tried capping at 240FPS instead since your screen is 240Hz?

May 24, 2018

Believe it or not, it's worse when I set it to 240FPS / 240hz, or 120FPS / 240hz.

Line moves up the screen far faster..

May 24, 2018

Still happens, and is worse when using Fast-Sync :(.

mhtsgr999

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

Try resetting BIOS from motherboard by shorting the CMOS PINS and uninstall drivers with DDU, and let windows update download the driver for the GPU.

this issue should be exclusive to fullscreen
try to run it in borderless window, windows has its own vsync on windows while it wont tear, it wont cap your fps
if game has included borderless gaming and your are still out of sync
then run it in windowed mode and use external tools
google borderless gaming apps, there are few
if u still have issues even with windowed mode + 3rd party app for borderless windowed mode
then u might wanna keep another app running as u may have experiencing windows timer sync bug
for that u can either run youtube page in background (it runs timer resolution at 0.500)
or use timerresolution app (google it, dl it n use it if u dont like youtube (gpu load))

May 24, 2018

Tried each and every one of your ideas, and none of them worked. This is a very obscure issue...

May 24, 2018

Just tried an hour ago, with no luck.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.