RPG with everything you can do !

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
I'm looking for a RPG game more or less like Dragon Age origins with a bit lively combat and gameplay. I like dragon age origins since you can do "that" kind of stuff in it and you are free to kill a person or spare lives...also party character interactions are nice and make the game more real...

Looking for something similar...idc if it's graphics intensive or not...

Gameplay matters mostly :)

Thanks in advance !

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Have you tried Star wars: Knights of the Old Republic?

Its an amazing game made by the same people who made Dragon Age and has LOTS of party interactions with a great story. Also it has a great Good/Bad - Lightside/Darkside system, so you can choose to be good or evil or somewere inbetween, which also affects how your party views you as well, some of your party will like you better if your good others will like you more if you are evil.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Fallout 3 will be the best choice to go with, i liked the game and it has very addicting gameplay and environment looks awesome with all the interaction to be done in smart way. You can kill anyone, choose any side you want and if you have already played the game then try FO:New Vegas or Witcher 2 maybe!!!!!!!!!

i didnt like new vegas, but fallout 3 was alot of fun; witcher 2 would be my overall choice in this situation granted you have tried the mass effect series

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Well i didn't like the first Witcher as the graphics were really poor in it, but Witcher 2 has really good graphics but i am not sure does the gameplay has changed from the first part?

Computer RPG was the genre in which this game is classified and i didnt like the fact that we cant fight by our own and just have to click on the sword button and our hero will fight on his own!!!

Have Witcher 2 been changed in gameplay wise???
Can we fight by our own? Like we do in FO 3 and other RPG's but it should not be like Dragon Age origins !!!!!!!!!!

the first witcher was a goood game, just had to get past some of the gameplay mechanics that didnt shine so well in it. witcher 2 was GREAT. Graphics phenomenal, and the pacing and story with the combat was much better and more easily accessible

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Well Witcher 2 looks really good in term of graphics though. But i was really disappointed when the Witcher 1's starting video ended and the real graphics of the game appeared and gameplay was weird too. Well i should give a try to Witcher 2 soon, thanks.

dont let witcher 2 be tainted by its ugly younger brother

ddemon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
I have to agree with all of the above, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Witcher 2 all great games.
But i'd like to suggest an older game, Oblivion, you gotta mod the crap out of it but all the mods are freely available. Change the way the original fighting works and crank up the old graphics and much much more ... the modding is half the fun ...lol
I've found it a nice teaser to pass the time until Skyrim comes out.

codyw9524

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
Witcher 2 for the win. Although you won't have a party in that game.
Neverwinter Nights 2 might have the style of game play you are looking for. And it is also a bioware product (more or less). Dragon Age: Origins is an old style of pc rpg so you're have to go backwards to find similar titles.