Solution
I have the MSI 2060 Super Ventus card. My GPU temps have never reached 70 Celsius , and typically max out at about 67 when playing BF5 on Ultra at 1080p. I use MSI afterburner and set up a pretty aggressive fan curve.
Echoing this--the highest I've seen my Ventus OC go is 73 C when running a notoriously heavy Skyrim ENB (K-Light Quality with everything maxed out), and this was on default fan curves with VBIOS 90.06.44.40.8c. Sounded like a jet engine with both fans over 2300 RPM, though. In games I play it barely ever breaks 60 C.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Which is best? Your mileage will vary.

The Gigabyte model is the strongest of the 3, but it's higher power limit and power use means similar, or higher temperatures compared to the other 2, because the higher-clocked card has to dissipate more heat = fans running max; louder.

Those results you linked are pretty much invalid to your individual scenario, plus the default fan curves on the majority of these cards suck; you're better off setting your own fan curve in Msi Afterburner or EVGA Precision X.
The reason they're invalid:
-your room temps VS the test setup's
-your case and fan setup VS the test setup's
-your personal tolerance level of gpu fans, which is usually the loudest device in a PC.

Gpus that advertise quiet fan curves are a wash, because due to the temperature sensitive nature of the 20 series, that equates to 'low noise, but less performance'.
So whichever gpu you decide to go with, you will need to find your own balance of noise and performance.

Mar 10, 2020
Which is best? Your mileage will vary.

The Gigabyte model is the strongest of the 3, but it's higher power limit and power use means similar, or higher temperatures compared to the other 2, because the higher-clocked card has to dissipate more heat = fans running max; louder.

Those results you linked are pretty much invalid to your individual scenario, plus the default fan curves on the majority of these cards suck; you're better off setting your own fan curve in Msi Afterburner or EVGA Precision X.
The reason they're invalid:
-your room temps VS the test setup's
-your case and fan setup VS the test setup's
-your personal tolerance level of gpu fans, which is usually the loudest device in a PC.

Gpus that advertise quiet fan curves are a wash, because due to the temperature sensitive nature of the 20 series, that equates to 'low noise, but less performance'.
So whichever gpu you decide to go with, you will need to find your own balance of noise and performance.

I agree that these reviews will not exactly represent my personal experience, but at least with the Evga and the MSI, I can make a comparison between them, since the setup and the conditions to perform the tests were the same. Although this does not indicate anything to me personally, it does give me an idea of how each one responds to the same scenario.

For example, I also thought about going for an MSI RTX 2070 super Ventus OC, but everywhere I read, playing CSGO in 1080p for example, the GPU is around +70ºC. And in more extreme use +77ºC.

Also, in my country, I can't buy one and if it's too hot to return it because "I didn't like it/it was what I expected", then once I make the purchase it's because I have to be as sure as possible, that I won't have a working toaster in my cabinet.

I'm not particularly fussy about fan noise. My biggest problem is that the GPU dissipation is not the best, and that means having to use the fans at +80% to keep it below 75°C

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The test setups don't mention anything about fan curves, so they likely ran off the default. As for how well that'll work for you... 🤷‍♂️

That's pretty funny, considering:
-CSGO isn't very hard on gpus
-The power limits on that particular 2070 Super model were capped in later vbios updates, likely due to the high temps you mentioned, from 240w, down to 215w.

Considering that, you may want to subtract the Gigabyte one off your list. While it is the strongest, it's also potentially the loudest.
So that leaves Msi VS EVGA, and between those 2, the Msi one actually has a lower power limit than the EVGA one, making it a tiny bit slower than the EVGA one.

Mar 10, 2020
The test setups don't mention anything about fan curves, so they likely ran off the default. As for how well that'll work for you... 🤷‍♂️

That's pretty funny, considering:
-CSGO isn't very hard on gpus
-The power limits on that particular 2070 Super model were capped in later vbios updates, likely due to the high temps you mentioned, from 240w, down to 215w.

Considering that, you may want to subtract the Gigabyte one off your list. While it is the strongest, it's also potentially the loudest.
So that leaves Msi VS EVGA, and between those 2, the Msi one actually has a lower power limit than the EVGA one, making it a tiny bit slower than the EVGA one.

I look at it from the other side, since they didn't say anything about fan speed, I assume they either use the default curve.

-That's what's surprising, that a game is not so demanding of gpu ,have those temperature values
-Yes? I'm looking at the msi 2070 super ventus oc page and can't find any BIOS updates uploaded. Could you tell me where you saw that?

My problem is not with the noise, it's with the exaggerated wear and tear of GPU fans from overheating.

Feb 6, 2020
I have the MSI 2060 Super Ventus card. My GPU temps have never reached 70 Celsius , and typically max out at about 67 when playing BF5 on Ultra at 1080p. I use MSI afterburner and set up a pretty aggressive fan curve.
Echoing this--the highest I've seen my Ventus OC go is 73 C when running a notoriously heavy Skyrim ENB (K-Light Quality with everything maxed out), and this was on default fan curves with VBIOS 90.06.44.40.8c. Sounded like a jet engine with both fans over 2300 RPM, though. In games I play it barely ever breaks 60 C.

Solution