Question RTX 2070 high temps

Yatama

Prominent
Mar 27, 2019
Hello all, I just got a new Asus Dual RTX 2070, and im wondering if my temps are normal. They are always at 83+ when gaming. Does using a 1440p screen make a diffrence, and is the temps normal?

Yatama

Prominent
Mar 27, 2019
Critical temps for rtx cards are 95C. Try changing thermal compound(thermal paste)It might help.
I am not an expert in these things so I probaly wont be able to do that. But I just wonder how it should need replacing so fast when the card is less than a week old.. Also I've noticed a "weird" smell coming from my pc after getting the card, read about it online and people are saying its normal for a new GPU to do a little mech smell, is this correct? And also thank you for the quick response!

Yatama

Prominent
Mar 27, 2019
I am not an expert in these things so I probaly wont be able to do that. But I just wonder how it should need replacing so fast when the card is less than a week old.. Also I've noticed a "weird" smell coming from my pc after getting the card, read about it online and people are saying its normal for a new GPU to do a little mech smell, is this correct? And also thank you for the quick response!
Also I can make the card go to a max of 86 if I move the max temp in afterburner to 83, still 3 over target but I can keep it cool that way I guess

Yatama

Prominent
Mar 27, 2019
do you have poor case ventilation and? more often than not its the poor airflow and not the card causing high temps
Hi thanks for replying. The thing is I find it hard to believe that it's my case. I have 3 front fans and one AIO at the back still shooting air into the case. When i put my max temp on my GPU through afterburner to 81, the card reaches a max of 86, I spoke to nvidia yesterday and they say this is completely normal for the RTX series. Although I would still love to hear your meaning in this!

Impu7se

Commendable
Feb 13, 2019
Hey! Sorry for not replying, the amount of thermalpaste might be very pour from the factory or it didn’t spread as it was meant to. you can check a lot of videos on youtube how to change it. Believe me it is not that hard as you may think.

Yatama

Prominent
Mar 27, 2019
Yo guys thank you very much for answering! So I found out that it was my case afterall. The thing is theres a glass window in front of the 3 blowers in front. I launched the division 2 and let in run for some time, and it got to 85 C, i took off the window iin front and under 1 minute it was at 75 and staying at 75. So this fixed my problem, I bought the PC from a prebuild place where I live, and now I've wrote a complaint about the cooling and waiting for response, thank you again alot for answering.