11blackjack11

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2015
so i just upgraded my mbo and cpu and my gpu has been getting clock speed spikes of 1350 mhz at random ish at this point i wouldnt say random
these spikes happen when a notifcation pops up after boot up or when i open steam fire fox etc before upgrading i dont think spikes like these happen
before im thinking i need to update bios? the mobo and cpu just these parts are new i just installed em specs below
specs
mobo Asus ROG Strix Z390-E
CPU intel Core i7-9700K
GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
SSD/HDD 2 of Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA III 500GB/ 2 Western Digital 1TB 3.5" 7200 RPM

i'm using win 10 as well (spec as sig). so far nothing i don't have too much issue with it. but yes my older system with win 10 was rock solid (my older 2500K build also with my current GTX970). but when move to new system i got issue that i never had with my older build. mainly it was when using vsync in games where i got very high time frame spike in certain game. sometimes i think the issue is not with win 10 but maybe the new hardware itself.

but yes win 10 also have it fair share of issue as well although personally i never being affected with things that being reported. have you tried using reset operating system yet?

11blackjack11

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2015
i'm using win 10 as well (spec as sig). so far nothing i don't have too much issue with it. but yes my older system with win 10 was rock solid (my older 2500K build also with my current GTX970). but when move to new system i got issue that i never had with my older build. mainly it was when using vsync in games where i got very high time frame spike in certain game. sometimes i think the issue is not with win 10 but maybe the new hardware itself.

but yes win 10 also have it fair share of issue as well although personally i never being affected with things that being reported. have you tried using reset operating system yet?
at this point i jus let it be its only doing it when i launch apps like steam or firefox though i did do a full re install of windows and drivers to fix another issue in some games ill play my gpu well only use 57-67%
while the cpu cores all of em well have a lower usage while one of em is at like 70-80% usage idk wtf?

11blackjack11

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2015
so is there any issues with games?
with games it stutters been trying to figure out why id get a solid 144 fps once it goes down to 120-130 it stutters i thought it was ram but i did a mem86 test no errors came up and its pretty much the older part in my pc 5 years ish man back than i had gtx 980 paired up with a 6700k on windows 8.1 all was smooth upgraded to an rtx 2080 ti and windows 10 jus went down hill for me there

TRENDING THREADS