[SOLVED] RTX 3060 versus RX 6600 ?

NoobTechs69

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
what should I pick? bcs in my country RX6600 slightly cheaper but i havent seen many reviews of RX 6600 , mostly they only reviewed the RX 6600 XT one.
Perosnally I just use it for a lil competitive gaming and do some college works ( Rendering 3Ds and Video editing ) Which one I should pick?

And also is there any big difference between double fan and triple fan in RX6600 and RTX 3060?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I suppose it depends on how much of a price difference. The RTX 3060 is faster and has more memory, which might come in handy later. Also uses more power than the RX6600 though.

Cooler size will effect the maximum boost frequencies the card will reach. More down to the cooler size not so much the fan count.

NoobTechs69

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
I suppose it depends on how much of a price difference. The RTX 3060 is faster and has more memory, which might come in handy later. Also uses more power than the RX6600 though.

Cooler size will effect the maximum boost frequencies the card will reach. More down to the cooler size not so much the fan count.

there is like almost 200$ difference, is it worth it tho to take the 3060? bcs for only 650$ i can get the MSI RX 6600 mech meanwhile i have to pay 850$ for the lowest tier of 3060 available

NoobTechs69

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
Tom's gpu hierarchy gives you a general ranking of graphics cards:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html
Between the two, there is little to choose.
The cooler fan arrangement will be appropriate to the gpu in question.

And, since you only do a little gaming, why not pick a lesser card, particularly if your games are not fast action oriented.

ahh yea i see, i dont really do those 1440p gaming tho. I guess I needed GPU that can handle such a pretty good 3d render results and the Video editing then?