Feb 18, 2019
hi, ive heard somewhere that radeon graphics cards are loud, is the rx 580 or 590 one of them. if it is could you suggest soem quite graphic card around under £300
thanks in advance

That all depends on the custom design of the card in question. Different manufacturers design the cooling solution differently on their cards. The Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ is one of the quietest cards I've used. I would expect the same for all Sapphire Nitro+ cards, and I know the RX Vega 56/64 Nitro+ were said to be super quiet also.

On second thought though, Nvidia seems to be leading in the $300 price range with their GTX 1660 Ti. EVGA is what I prefer from Nvidia.

Impu7se

Commendable
Feb 13, 2019
I would suggest for you to buy msi armor rx 580 I’ve heard that it runs at quite low dp and also is quite good for its price 200$ From minuses i can say that it doesn’t have a propper backplate. Or you should concider Asus rx 580,590 also are quite good.

I would suggest for you to buy msi armor rx 580 I’ve heard that it runs at quite low dp and also is quite good for its price 200$ From minuses i can say that it doesn’t have a propper backplate. Or you should concider Asus rx 580,590 also are quite good.
The MSI Armor is known to have one of the worst cooling solutions; loud fans and high temps. The Mk2 might be different, but it's still a budget option. Get the MSI GAMING X or Sapphire Nitro+ if you are going AMD. Top quality cooling on both.

I'd also recommend steering clear of the MSI Armor (gen 1) simply because there's been a lot of issues with PCB sag due to no backplate/reinforcement.

"Loud" is a difficult thing to classify in terms of your question:
One thing you have to consider is the TDP (power draw) of the card you're looking at (a 200W card is going to be more difficult to cool than a 100W card).
Next, look at the cooler itself. The simplest starting point is to count heatpipes. Also, more+larger fans = quieter.
How is your cooling/fan situation in your case?
Then, will you be doing manual voltage adjustments? AMD makes it very easy to do this with their WattMan utility built into their driver software. I lowered my RX480 power draw from 130W to 100W at the same 1305MHz core clock using manual voltages.
I also like AMD's Frame Rate Target Control and Chill features. This also saves a lot of power/heat/noise. I can play lightweight games like CS:GO/LoL/etc with my RX480 fans completely off (passive) because of these features.