Question RX580 No Display Flashed as RX590 Restore BIOS help

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomycol

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
Hi! All,

I got a Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 4GB Graphics card from Ebay.

It works as system boots fine caps lock works fine but I get no display output from Display port, HDMI or DVI on both BIOS switches.

Putting an old spare HD7750 into the primary PCI-E and the RX580 in the 2nd PCI-E I can see in device manager it says its an RX590 but is a RX580 so it looks like the Bios has been flashed incorrectly

I downloaded GPUZ and it does say its a RX590 under both BIOS's and both show exactly the same info and it on both BIOS's wouldn't let me export the BIOS or click the UFEI I get error message "Bios reading not supported on this device"

I downloaded the BIOS from and tried to use AMDVBFLASH under administrator to update the BIOS but I get the "error reading from ROM" error which I guess it's going to be from reading the primary HD7750 card.

I have included a screenie of what its shows as in device manager, the GPUZ error and AMDBVFLASH error. I've also included the label from the card to confirm what it is.

I don't know if I'm missing something or doing something wrong but there a way around this so I can update the BIOS back to the correct one as I think it will be fine with the correct BIOS onboard.

Thanks again in advance for any help

2polBH5.jpg

mg3hE8q.jpg

boomycol

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
I've had a go Helpstar had the latest amdvbflash but did the ddu unstaller as you said which helped it.

Windows version of amdvbflash still doesn't work have the same error. Using the command line version as Administrator and got little bit further.

It won't work in 1st slot so have it in the 2nd slot I can see both cards now in amdvbflash at the command line.

I disabled it in device manager and rebooted already.

It has the BIOS details below

asic : Polaris10
flash: R600 SPI
romsize: 10000
test: fail
bios p/n: -

I've unlocked the rom at the command line successfully & tried load the rom again using amdvbflash -f -p -1 romname but no joy says

Failed to read ROM

ERROR 0FL01

Anybody had this before ?

Oct 9, 2020
Am I going to have to do the 1+8 Method on this ?

Does anybody know where the Bios chip(s) are located on the Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 4GB ??
use the atikmdag-patcher tool to remove error code 43 then flash it back to a 580

Status
Not open for further replies.