Question RX6600 newly bought, dead or fixable?

Dec 4, 2022
Hello.

Yesterday, I bought an Asus RX6600 Dual.
So when I got home with it, i inserted it into a PCI-E slot, plugged power (1x 8-pin) and a working HDMI cable.
At first startup, it was detected but not working. The VGA LED on my Biostar B550MX/E Pro did light up.
I know it's not the CPU/RAM because i used this system before with iGPU. I got this RX6600 early for christmas as it was 299€.
Anyways, I tried to reseat the GPU, use different PSU-GPU Cable, used different HDMI cable, cleared CMOS, even starting up with GPU inserted and HDMI into Mainboard output (iGPU out).
Still VGA LED lights up and system won't start up with my RX6600 inserted (iGPU still works.)
What could I do next? Is it completely broken?

Components:
Ryzen 7 5700G
Biostar B550MX/E Pro
Samsung 870 1TB+ Windows 10
Be quiet! 700W

Thanks in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

even starting up with GPU inserted and HDMI into Mainboard output (iGPU out)
That won't do much good since any discrete GPU populating the first PCIe slot, will disable the iGPu on your APU.

As for your motherboard, if you're able to get display out using the APU alone, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at this moment of time? Exact model for your PSU and it's age?

To rule out your newly purchased GPU being Dead on Arrival, please drop the assumed faulty GPU into a known working system(apart from yours) perhaps a friend or neighbors build. If the GPU is indeed dead, you send if off for an RMA as there's nothing you can service on the card(not with limited knowledge ofc).