Question Ryzen 5 3600 overheating

May 18, 2022
So I recently build a ryzen 5 3600 pc with b550m aorus elite, the build went smoothly without any problems and pc turned on normally then i wanted to check my thermals for the cpu especially. I ran cinebench r23 and the temps that i saw were very surprising and worrying... At idle my cpu sat at 50-55°C but as soon i started the cinebench my temp began to rise slowly to almost 90-93°C and then stop there. But that's not the part, as soon as i cancelled the benchmark(because i got worried) it immediately dropped to like 70°... I monitored this whole through HWinfo and amd adrenaline software to be sure ... I immediately restarted my pc and check the cpu temp in the bios(Aorus elite bios has that feature) it showed 70°C as well... Why is that? And should i be worried??

May 18, 2022
Assuming this is with the stock AMD heatsink?

Need to know what case and case fans you're using.

Test with the side panel removed from your case.
No the cpu cooler is an after market one. I have 3 fans 2 at front for intake and 1 at top for exhaust. The case is by a chinese company AA-TIGERS and Fans as well as the cpu cooler (from the same company but the quality is good not some knockoff. I saw some reviews first before purchasing and they had no problem whatsoever). Still dont know why its like that. Now i m currently in a game's menu and the temp is like 80°C...

May 18, 2022
No the cpu cooler is an after market one. I have 3 fans 2 at front for intake and 1 at top for exhaust. The case is by a chinese company AA-TIGERS and Fans as well as the cpu cooler (from the same company but the quality is good not some knockoff. I saw some reviews first before purchasing and they had no problem whatsoever). Still dont know why its like that. Now i m currently in a game's menu and the temp is like 80°C...
Please give me some solution for this i have been saving from long time for this and cant see it going waste due to overheat...

You've not provided enough info.
A link to what the chassis looks like would help.
A link to what the cpu cooler looks like - although, I think I've found one: https://basitcomputers.com/product/leto-2-cpu-cooler/
What the gpu is.

Together, all that should paint a much clearer image of what's going on...

If that's the cooler, it's actually worse than the stock one.

OP, you need a better cooler than that one.

Reactions: tennis2
May 18, 2022
If that's the cooler, it's actually worse than the stock one.

OP, you need a better cooler than that one.
Yes that the one... Then what would you suggest? I m really on a budget right now... Also my room temps are around 30-34°C (I live in south asia and these temps are normal in summers if that helps).

Last edited:
May 18, 2022
To be fair, most do this no matter where you live. You can only buy direct from a few (ie EVGA) but even they ship to retailers as well.
Ok but lets get to the issue. What should i do now. What cpu cooler do you suggest would hyper 212 black edition be enough or hyper 212 led turbo?

If this cpu came with a cooler put it on and test.

May 18, 2022
Ok UPDATE, THANKS EVERYONE, I went with the HYPER 212 LED TURBO and it was amazing my temps just fall 20° C by using it. Now its at 45° Idle and 75°ish in gaming and during benchmark/Cpu stress it never went above 83-85°. Thanks Once again for helping me everyone and saving my cpu from going into flames 👍👍👍

May 18, 2022
Yes, that's what I meant also. Sorry
Yeah i didn't go with because it didn't have its mounting brackets and accessories instead a latch mount clip (like why?) Yeah and the led turbo had all its accessories plus it had 2 fans push/pull configuration... so i guess i made a good choice...

Yeah i didn't go with because it didn't have its mounting brackets and accessories instead a latch mount clip (like why?) Yeah and the led turbo had all its accessories plus it had 2 fans push/pull configuration... so i guess i made a good choice...
Both are listed as AM4 compatible. The latch clip you're describing would be for the AM3/+ compatiblity, so not used for an AM4 mount.

Either way, sounds like you got the improvement you were looking for!